• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw King View Post
    A bigger fight?

How bout pacquiao vs morales?!? Oh wait they did that 3 times already

How bout pacquiao vs Barrera!!! Ah ***** wait they did that twice

How bout pacquiao Bradley?!? F.uck! That happen twice also

I guess 5th times a charm for pacquiao marquez....I can't wait! And I just love those top rank under cards!!
    What's this conception that rematches are wrong for the sport? I want to watch the most competitive, unfortunately realistic, fights that can be made and the best realistic fight that can be made right now is pac-marquez period.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt0411 View Post
      I said realistic fights, and there is no chance Alvarado beats marquez.
      Is that a fact? Which rock do you live under again?

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
        Is that a fact? Which rock do you live under again?
        Pretty much almost a fact, lol what you think Alvarado even has a slight chance against marquez?

Comment

What's this conception that rematches are wrong for the sport? I want to watch the most competitive, unfortunately realistic, fights that can be made and the best realistic fight that can be made right now is pac-marquez period.
          No one is saying rematches r wrong...but when ur career is based off rematches it's not a good look...

Rematches r cool depending upon the fights....Martinez vs Williams I was a good fight and deserved a rematch...part 2 ended epic with a KO...no f.ucking need for a 3rd one...if it were a top rank thing it would have happen 3 times...

Mayweather Castillo I was close so they did it again....no need for 3 to 5 fights with the same person over and over specially when u got KTFO in ur last meeting

Even the gatti ward wars were more interesting and deserving of rematches

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
            Its really the last meaningful fight for Pac in Top Rank, seriously if he signs an extension I will personally blame him for the Floyd fight not getting made ever. If he beats Marquez or Alvarez if he can pull an upset then all that's left for him is Floyd. The only way it happens is to go back to golden boy.

As far as the question. Bradley-Provodnikov 2 could be better, just not as big. GGG vs Chavez would be better but nothing will be bigger because PAC is PAC. He's arums only draw once Chavez leaves.
            What makes you so sure the fight will happen even if Pac leaves TR?

BTT : Maidana and Garcia would be big if ever.

Comment

Seriously some people I really don't get over here, how can you prefer Alvarado against manny then marquez, to the people that are complaining about a fifth fight, have the other 4 ever dissapointed? I know many want to see pac in with a new opponent but let's be real only floyd and marquez can beat pacquiao so at least we know it's going to be competitive.

It sells well, it's always been a war and you can gurantee the fifth fight will be epic just like all the rest. So back to my original question name me a bigger fight that can Realistically be made that's bigger then this?
              Just Pacqiuiao or in boxing?

Golovkin vs Martinez/Cotto winner
              Mayweather vs Martinez/Cotto winner
              Golovkin vs Chavez jr
              Ward vs Chavez jr
              Pacquiao vs Canelo

Comment

He's not fighting Thurman or Porter. He may fight Khan in Macau. He needs to be a free agent and fight Floyd and Martinez as well a canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                  Just Pacqiuiao or in boxing?

Golovkin vs Martinez/Cotto winner
                  Mayweather vs Martinez/Cotto winner
                  Golovkin vs Chavez jr
                  Ward vs Chavez jr
                  Pacquiao vs Canelo
                  Yeah in boxing

1st one: nope won't be bigger then pacquiao-marquez
                  2nd one: yeah mayweather-Martinez will be pretty massive although I doubt it will happen
                  3rd one: won't be bigger
                  4th one: won't be bigger
                  5th one: as of now, won't realistically happen

Comment

Seriously some people I really don't get over here, how can you prefer Alvarado against manny then marquez, to the people that are complaining about a fifth fight, have the other 4 ever dissapointed? I know many want to see pac in with a new opponent but let's be real only floyd and marquez can beat pacquiao so at least we know it's going to be competitive.

It sells well, it's always been a war and you can gurantee the fifth fight will be epic just like all the rest. So back to my original question name me a bigger fight that can Realistically be made that's bigger then this?
                    How about Pac-Rios2? Pac could show us again his fast combos coming from different angles, his great footworks etc. etc. WBC could again create another title/belt like their 1st fight to make the fight a must see.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Casuals and fans alike are bored by most Floyd fights. Pac Jmm are coming off a spectacular 4th that nobody was bored with. I know my non fan friends were impressed and would be coming back for more. That's rare, and good for the sport
                      You can't make general statements like this and expect to be taken seriously. Casual fans purchase floyd fights in a higher volume and at a higher price than they do Manny's fights.

Your friends may feel that way. My friends are bored with the repeats as am I. SO a small sample of friends is not a valid sample for either.

It would be one thing if they were the best ww's in the world and had to keep fighting each other. That isn't the case. There are higher ranked and more viable ww's that Manny could fight that would be more meaningful than another JMM fight.

Maybe that would attract more purchasers, because not everybody buys Manny's fights just to see him win like it appears you do.

Oh come on, if the first four were boring meaningless fights then I'd understand but every time you match those two together you get something special, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't every fight they have had so far at least a fight of the year nominee?

So why complain?
                      Asking that other fans may want to see other fighters in with Manny isn't complaining. WHile you may feel they were exciting, others may feel that enough is enough.

WHat you are ignoring is the possibility Manny and a different opponent may be even more exciting. There are also far more meaningful fights in the ww division.

If you want to see it again thats fine, but others may not feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X