Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people pretend Wladimir is an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
    that would be his own brother vitali
    True and he shouldn't get fantasy points just because 'the other fighter' in his era is his brother.

That being said, no one in their right mind would expect two brothers to fight and he's beaten everyone else.

Besides his brother, who hasn't Wlad fought that he should have?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's the era.

wladimir's in the worst era in the sport's history. the guys are fat, and largely void of talent. the two best fighters were brothers, and never fought. the division has never looked like this.

the best large athletes, americans, don't box any longer. that's the important part, of course. this sport is about talent. at HW that means size, chin, and punching power. speed obviously helps, but none of these 250 lb monsters are going to be on their toes all night.

that said, wladimir is a top 20 HW all time. he's been champion forever, fought most of his contenders.
      Right now the HW division is not that bad. Remember the time between Vitali's first retirement and beginning of Wlad's second title reign? That was the all time low imo. Haye, Pulev, Povetkin and even Chagaev would have beaten any of the guys who held a title during that period.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Right now the HW division is not that bad. Remember the time between Vitali's first retirement and beginning of Wlad's second title reign? That was the all time low imo. Haye, Pulev, Povetkin and even Chagaev would have beaten any of the guys who held a title during that period.

for starters, i'd absolutely call the division right now "that bad," lol.

i'd consider that stretch you described a part of the "klitschko era." that's the era i'm describing when i call this division the worst ever. and chagaev was the guy klitschko beat to become the lineal champion, IIRC. if that's not an indictment of an era, i don't know what is.

haye doesn't even box, and the rest of those guys are basically nobodies in a historic context. is 5-10 years ago an F and 2014 a d-? maybe. why not? who really gives a f#ck?

this division is bad. wladimir just defended the HW championship of the world against some dude named liapai. the fighters are way out of shape, not just a little chubby.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          for starters, i'd absolutely call the division right now "that bad," lol.

i'd consider that stretch you described a part of the "klitschko era." that's the era i'm describing when i call this division the worst ever. and chagaev was the guy klitschko beat to become the lineal champion, IIRC. if that's not an indictment of an era, i don't know what is.

haye doesn't even box, and the rest of those guys are basically nobodies in a historic context. is 5-10 years ago an F and 2014 a d-? maybe. why not? who really gives a f#ck?

this division is bad. wladimir just defended the HW championship of the world against some dude named liapai. the fighters are way out of shape, not just a little chubby.
          What's wrong with Chagaev?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyna chb View Post
            Manny turned down an all time high payday, Floyd didn't do no ducking

The only reason Wlad is the greatest hw of this era because this era has been ****.
            Hell even John Ruiz would have cleaned out this era with no defeats.
            Three epic ****** posts in one, what a deal

Comment

Why do the guys who complain about modern HWs being big and fat and tall and freaks fail to understand that's why cruiserweight was created? So you can watch guys the size of Ali compete.

HW is the open division and humans have gotten enormous. If you turn on a HW fight and go "Whoa, these guys are really ****ing big!!! They're really slow compared to those guys my dad showed me who weighed 190 lbs" it's kind of your own fault.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                What are some flaws in Wlad's game? I noticed he has no inside game whatsoever.
                Wlads dimensions make an inside game both useless and very difficuly. He wins without it so it doesn't matter much.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                  Wlad is way better than Pulev and no way he loses. The man has been champ for 10 years. He should be considered an all-time great because I'm sure he would put up a good fight and beat many legends from the past. Styles make fights and Wlad is a powerful tactician and boxer.
                  Clinching is not tactical genius

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                  Why do the guys who complain about modern HWs being big and fat and tall and freaks fail to understand that's why cruiserweight was created? So you can watch guys the size of Ali compete.

HW is the open division and humans have gotten enormous. If you turn on a HW fight and go "Whoa, these guys are really ****ing big!!! They're really slow compared to those guys my dad showed me who weighed 190 lbs" it's kind of your own fault.
                  I get you've never met Ali in person he's HUGE.
                  Certainly bigger than Haye and Haye is already like 210-215 pounds.

Also it's a fact that most heavyweights of today are fat, Arreola should be in the 220s, not in the 230s/240s.
                  Since the 80s onwards the heavyweight division has not grown bigger only fatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Wlads dimensions make an inside game both useless and very difficuly. He wins without it so it doesn't matter much.
                    This is how wrong you are
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kim2nTQI13E

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      True and he shouldn't get fantasy points just because 'the other fighter' in his era is his brother.

That being said, no one in their right mind would expect two brothers to fight and he's beaten everyone else.

Besides his brother, who hasn't Wlad fought that he should have?
                      And nobody in their right mind would expect Wlad and Vitali to be all time greats.

Comment

Working...
                      X