Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do floyd and broner get a free ride on dirty tactix ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    To be fair it is only recently that they started to allow guys wear different types of gloves, so glove choice was an issue for a long time it is one of the undercover advantages an a-side always got.

Like for example Oscar in the Floyd fight made them wear Reyes which are puncher gloves, why because that would give the bigger more powerful puncher an advantage and give Floyd brittle hands less protection.

It makes me laugh that people are that up in arms about something generally that was considered very minor.
    The ones up in arms come from one of 4 groups:

Trolls that don't know much about the history of the sport.
    Posters upset that floyd is the top draw and has thus accumulated this much power.
    Posters upset floyd won a tough fight where the ref allowed it to be dirty.
    Posters that like manny and/or do not like floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      "Throughout those years, much of the focus on the fight has been on Douglas' role as the catalyst to Tyson's downfall. Many have theorized that the loss to Douglas took away Tyson's mystique; and it's certainly true that once he lost that fight, Tyson never regained his ferocious reputation.

As for the gloves, it wasn't in the contract for one.
      Secondly, why promote a fight and bring up Maidana's KO ratio and that he is a KO artist and then snatch the artist's tools away from him? It was lame!
      Finally, all they were giving Maidana was a punchers chance. Polls here had given Maidana 3% chance at UD and gave Floyd as a good a chance of KOing Maidana than Maidana KOing Floyd.
      Your quote means nothing. Buster was supposed to lose. He won. Leon was supposed to lose to ALi, he won. Floyd was supposed to beat Maidana and did.

How one promotes the fight has no bearing on what gloves will be worn. A sides often choose the gloves. WHen they do, they choose gloves the opponent doesn't like presumably to gain a mental advantage.

SO floyd doesn't let Maidana wear punchers gloves. ODH makes floyd wear punchers gloves. Never been an issue before.

Maidana was allowed to fight in a way that gave him the best chance to win. He lost. it wasn't because of the gloves. Its because floyd is not only a great boxer but he has grown up int the gym and knows how to deal with that style.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        i missed that post, ban his ass too..and kill all the " you black people crap" i am not racist and can not stand people who always mention race. We are all human beings trying to make it in this world
        You have a short memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Never one said the contrary. I am one who believes that if you can get away with something, then do it over and over.

Floyd has held for a very long time, he also pushes off and uses his forearm to hold defenders at bay.

If they allow that, then he will continue to do it. I was asked if I thought it was excessive, my answer is yes.

Mike Tyson used elbows, Ali held behind the head, Holyfield used the head as a weapon as did Hagler.

Are these moves illegal technically? Sure they are, but do I think those fighters were "dirty" no, not really because it's the job of the ref to limit those types of tactics.
          Not to mention Bernard "Clash Of Heads" Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIGERPRIDE View Post

You start I finish it...it was my personal explanation of why there is a influx of racially charged arguments in every thread that these so called Floyd haters create themselves. Yep exactly.
            Funny, look on every thread or even Youtube and its hilarious how many Latinos, Pinoy spew **** like "**** you monkeys, *******s, coons etc" just because someone of any color disagrees with them on a fight or its result or even prediction of a future fight. Like I said I could careless, say what you want but it doesnt change the outcome. Some of you uneducated people need to do some research and find that these monkeys , coons etc blood runs threw most these latinos smh. Sad that we cant talk boxing here without some body throwing subliminal hate in the mix
            That doesnt happen here, so take your silly whining and go do it where it actually happens. Its transparent that you were trying to race bait as you well know yourself that people dont use those terms here. And moaning about what latinos and pinoys post on other sites? Pathetic. Its universally accepted that the worst, most consistent and regular racism on this forum comes exclusively from Floyd's fan base. Not many Latino's or Pinoys there, you twat.

Comment

• hahahahahhahahhahahaha junior gong going in!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                Your quote means nothing. Buster was supposed to lose. He won. Leon was supposed to lose to ALi, he won. Floyd was supposed to beat Maidana and did.

How one promotes the fight has no bearing on what gloves will be worn. A sides often choose the gloves. WHen they do, they choose gloves the opponent doesn't like presumably to gain a mental advantage.

SO floyd doesn't let Maidana wear punchers gloves. ODH makes floyd wear punchers gloves. Never been an issue before.

Maidana was allowed to fight in a way that gave him the best chance to win. He lost. it wasn't because of the gloves. Its because floyd is not only a great boxer but he has grown up int the gym and knows how to deal with that style.
                You brought up Tyson/Douglas and now it doesn't matter anymore? Funny stuff. Even Tyson agrees with that being "The Moment" ..... SO now I know why they called the Maidana vs Floyd fight "The Moment"

The gloves issue was lame and you should just be agreeing on that. Gloves can be both a mental and physical advantage for BOTH fighters. If that were not the case, Floyd would not be dishing out money to stop Maidana, the KO artist, from using it.

Again, gloves can make a difference. On top of what has been said already, Maidana even complained on how those gloves that he used were not fitting comfortably.

After seeing that fight last week, Floyd got exposed and anyone even thinking that he is TBE is a joke! It was "The Moment" that even Floyd fans realized that Floyd is not

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  You brought up Tyson/Douglas and now it doesn't matter anymore? Funny stuff. Even Tyson agrees with that being "The Moment" ..... SO now I know why they called the Maidana vs Floyd fight "The Moment"

The gloves issue was lame and you should just be agreeing on that. Gloves can be both a mental and physical advantage for BOTH fighters. If that were not the case, Floyd would not be dishing out money to stop Maidana, the KO artist, from using it.

Again, gloves can make a difference. On top of what has been said already, Maidana even complained on how those gloves that he used were not fitting comfortably.

After seeing that fight last week, Floyd got exposed and anyone even thinking that he is TBE is a joke! It was "The Moment" that even Floyd fans realized that Floyd is not
                  I brought up Tyson losing as an example of exsposure. floyd didn't lose, that why the quote you posted is irrelevant.

Floyd did same thing that has been done before. Glove comfort is just something b sides have to deal with. Floyd overcame it and won. Maidana almost did same.

Maidana losing close is as much a threat to floyd's claim as TBE as Leon Spinks win over Ali is to his claim of being The Greatest.

Comment

• floyd? i get broner, but floyd? he is one of the cleanest fighters in boxing. the only foul you can argue he is guilty of is using his forearm, but he only uses it to keep guys from headbutting him in case he cant count on the ref. if someone tries to headbutt you what are you supposed to do, just let him? how the hell do you put full blame on floyd for using a dirty tactic merely to avoid his opponents dirty tactics and the guy starting it all gets no blame at all?

broner idk, he pulled a few moves i was surprised the refs let him get away with. then again he too is often a victim of dirty tactics. a lot of times when both fighters are dirty the ref lets them both get away with it feeling it evens itself out and he doesnt want to get criticized for taking points. thats obviously wrong, if both are dirty both should be punished and then there would be a clean fight from that point on.

but to answer the quetion you seldom see broner (and you never see floyd) be the dirtiest fighter in the ring. to say they get a free ride is absurd. why did maidana get a free ride against both of them? and dont tell me he lost a point against broner because he could easily have been DQed, a point was minimum and he really should have lost a point long before that for all his other crap. he was even worse against floyd, the amout of fouling he got away with was appalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                      I brought up Tyson losing as an example of exsposure. floyd didn't lose, that why the quote you posted is irrelevant.

Floyd did same thing that has been done before. Glove comfort is just something b sides have to deal with. Floyd overcame it and won. Maidana almost did same.

Maidana losing close is as much a threat to floyd's claim as TBE as Leon Spinks win over Ali is to his claim of being The Greatest.
                      So you agree that it was being exposed (Tyson) .... you just can't deduce that it's the same for Floyd .... got it ...... you don't have to lose a fight to an opponent to be criticized in that fashion. Depends on the other factors that have been already brought up. Are you new to this sight?

Stop it with this A side, B side crap. If Floyd says he is the best then why remove Maidana's only advantage going into the fight? ie. KO Artist's gloves.

Ali was not in shape and took it lightly when he lost to Leon Spinks. He came in better shape for the 2nd one and won. That had NOTHING to do with being exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X