Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do floyd and broner get a free ride on dirty tactix ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    You said this 4 times in a row, and yet you had to edit that, lmao!
    Your hero Floyd was exposed yet you bring up editing a post. Time to take a break Frank!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
      Its allowed because the opponent isn't trying to box to a win. thats the piece, respectfully, you keep leaving out. it's floyd's opponents that usually get away with stuff because that the only way the fight is close.

The better analogy than palming would be Kobe, MJ, or Lebron being allowed to ward off when going to the hole. Is it right, no. But the refs believe the defender is going to do anything in his power to stop the layup/dunk so they let them "protect" themselves where they don't with other guys.

Also, they know fans pay to see those guys so I will concede some of it may be the ref sensing people are paying to see floyd show his skills..

Maidana was the first time Broner had to really deal with a bigger guy throwing everything at him to win.Broner was in the same position as floyd, he doesn't have the experience or the collective knowledge in his corner to know how to deal with it.

My point is simple- if the opponent's plan to win is excessive brawling and fouling, floyd responding in kind is not excessive. its preventitive.
      Don't waste your time. He said Floyd HOLDS too much.

That ended my argument with him and objectivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Just read what you posted and maybe it will click. I will bold it up for you.

Maidana was supposed to be and actually was a cherry pick. A guy who was supposed to be a 12-1 underdog and even lower when you take into account that he wasn't even allowed to wear his punchers gloves. Even though he was promoted as a puncher ..... and people gave him only that. A punchers chance.
        you didn't answer the question. How does winning a tough fight exspose a fighter?

Maidana satrted at 12-1 underdog and tha was down to 8-1 the night of the fight, after the glove controversy was settled. So your point makes no sense.

[QUOTE=Dean_Razorback;14548187]
        Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

chino was supposed to be gatti'd by floyd according to most people in here, yet floyd made him wear those pillows, is really strange, isn't it?
        Well alot of people were wrong. Tyson was supposed to Tyson Buster.

No. Many times the a side has chosen the opponents gloves. WHen the a side is in against power fighters they often do not allow them to wear "punchers" gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Don't waste your time. He said Floyd HOLDS too much.

That ended my argument with him and objectivity.
          Maidana just kinda fights dirty. i didnt think what he did was too bad,, it was his only chance to win.

but lets not act like floyd wasnt completely clean, he did use his elbow a bit, just not as blatant or bad as maidana rough tactics

Comment

• Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
            can someone explain to me why Floyd and broner seem to get away with there dirty tactics ? it seems they rarely get warned much less points taken away , how the hell did broner not get DQED for his body slam is beyond me ?
            What about Maidana's dirty tactics in the Floyd fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              Maidana just kinda fights dirty. i didnt think what he did was too bad,, it was his only chance to win.

but lets not act like floyd wasnt completely clean, he did use his elbow a bit, just not as blatant or bad as maidana rough tactics
              I know. He fought dirty enough to warrant a point deduction or two, but I know why he did what he did. He had to. Just don't tell me that, that won him the fight. Not you personally, other posters.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JDD1;14548225]you didn't answer the question. How does winning a tough fight exspose a fighter?

Maidana satrted at 12-1 underdog and tha was down to 8-1 the night of the fight, after the glove controversy was settled. So your point makes no sense.

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

No. Many times the a side has chosen the opponents gloves. WHen the a side is in against power fighters they often do not allow them to wear "punchers" gloves.

it's funny how you say it. if it is fair to the A side to choose his opponent's gloves just because he is the A side then is it fair to assume that the A side is scared of the power of the B side

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dean_Razorback;14548256]
                  Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                  you didn't answer the question. How does winning a tough fight exspose a fighter?

it's funny how you say it. if it is fair to the A side to choose his opponent's gloves just because he is the A side then is it fair to assume that the A side is scared of the power of the B side
                  Was ODH afraid of floyd's power because he chose floyd's gloves? Of course not.

Look, if you feel this way I'm fine with it. My only point-not the 1st time its happened wont be the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

To be fair it is only recently that they started to allow guys wear different types of gloves, so glove choice was an issue for a long time it is one of the undercover advantages an a-side always got.

Like for example Oscar in the Floyd fight made them wear Reyes which are puncher gloves, why because that would give the bigger more powerful puncher an advantage and give Floyd brittle hands less protection.

It makes me laugh that people are that up in arms about something generally that was considered very minor.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDD1 View Post

"Throughout those years, much of the focus on the fight has been on Douglas' role as the catalyst to Tyson's downfall. Many have theorized that the loss to Douglas took away Tyson's mystique; and it's certainly true that once he lost that fight, Tyson never regained his ferocious reputation"

As for the gloves, it wasn't in the contract for one.
                      Secondly, why promote a fight and bring up Maidana's KO ratio and that he is a KO artist and then snatch the artist's tools away from him? It was lame!
                      Finally, all they were giving Maidana was a punchers chance. Polls here had given Maidana 3% chance at UD and gave Floyd as a good a chance of KOing Maidana than Maidana KOing Floyd.
                      Last edited by ADP02; 05-13-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X