No announcement yet.

Couldn't the Commission have told Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't the Commission have told Floyd

Out of curiosity this popped into my head as I was having dinner tonight. But to save all BS and drama from all the glove scandal, couldn't the Commission have stepped up and told floyd, the red everlast mx are acceptable and so are the cleto Reyes gloves. If maidana chooses to wear either of them it is acceptable, now if you choose to call the fight off, then we will take that as your official forfeit and will count as your first official loss.

Now if the commission had said something like that to floyd, in sure he would have cut all the BS off and fought with whatever glove maidana would want to wear.

But my question is, could the commission be able to have done that? I would think they would, so why wouldn't they do that, no athlete should be bigger than the sport they partake in, and get special treatment.

Boxing is easily one of the most legit sports ever in terms of how business is conducted

Comment

No way would it be a forfeit,, maybe a no contest, but that's even a stretch..

This is the thing that ruins boxing as a sport,, no one has any authority,, you have commissions that are in charge of stuff, sanctioning bodies in charge of others,, then promoters, etc,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Boxing is easily one of the most legit sports ever in terms of how business is conducted
        Yep pretty much this^^^

"Let the commission do their jobs"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          No way would it be a forfeit,, maybe a no contest, but that's even a stretch..

This is the thing that ruins boxing as a sport,, no one has any authority,, you have commissions that are in charge of stuff, sanctioning bodies in charge of others,, then promoters, etc,,,,
          I guess I'm thinking of it in the sense of any other sport, if a team doesn't come out if the locker room to play, it's a forfeit. But I guess that doesn't work or boxing.

Comment

Fight would have happened regardless, it was never in jeopardy and Maidana was paid for his "troubles".

Comment

Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
              Out of curiosity this popped into my head as I was having dinner tonight. But to save all BS and drama from all the glove scandal, couldn't the Commission have stepped up and told floyd, the red everlast mx are acceptable and so are the cleto Reyes gloves. If maidana chooses to wear either of them it is acceptable, now if you choose to call the fight off, then we will take that as your official forfeit and will count as your first official loss.

Now if the commission had said something like that to floyd, in sure he would have cut all the BS off and fought with whatever glove maidana would want to wear.

But my question is, could the commission be able to have done that? I would think they would, so why wouldn't they do that, no athlete should be bigger than the sport they partake in, and get special treatment.
              Erm, the commission did approve the red mx gloves but Floyd paid maidana a to wear the foam everlast gloves.

Comment

What is it about these magic gloves??

Comment

Nope........

I don't think so. You heard him say to RG, that "this is Mayweather Promotions, not Marcos Maidana Promotions". So, nope, I don't think so. Floyd is a coward and has the commission in his back pocket. I've never seen a fighter that was such a coward/whiner.

Comment

Floyd threatened to take his ball and go home. The Commission and Maidana were too scared at the loss of the money so they didn't even try to call his bluff.
                    If Floyd wasn't bluffing and he didn't fight, his career as a fighter would be over.
                    So many people dropped the ball there.

Comment

Working...
                    X