No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO, Sauerland Event In Talks To Showcase Marco Huck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    I don't think Huck vs. YPH will happen. They are both promoted by Sauerland and have the same trainer.

I hope HBO starts to showcase Cruiserweights. The division is stacked with good and exciting fighters: Huck, Hernandez, Chakhkiev, Lebedev, Makabu, Dorticos, etc. There are a lot of exciting fights to make.
    Not to mention Oleksandr Usyk, the new K2 prospect that Top Rank attempted to sign along with Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
      That's interesting, as it's on June 1st and HBO already has a packed boxing schedule on May 31st.

It would make some sense though, winner would be in position to fight Golovkin...HBO can presumably build that fight up a little bit by showing this one.
      Yes. Good observation.

Comment

Christ, who the hell would be against this? All action fighter who has been in some great fights lately (Huck/Arslan I & II just off the top of my head). I'd prefer to watch a guy like Huck over a guy like Danny Garcia, just to name a top P4P guy.

Comment

If HBO is going to start investing in foreign fighters then I'd like to see them start televising matchups in the flyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            If HBO is going to start investing in foreign fighters then I'd like to see them start televising matchups in the flyweight division.
            They could do both. Have flyweights open up for cruisers. I really don't get the issue people have with heavier fighters - do you think it makes you more hardcore to support a division that gets no play in America while shunning another division that doesn't either? Seems like just another negative position to take amongst a long line of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyna chb View Post
              Huck is an iron chinned warrior, the more exposure he gets the better

All German bum boxers are champions because they have chosen to fight 90 % for vacant titles. I am German and I do not like Huck either he wins by robbery if it comes to the score cards because it is Sauerland event who pays the judges to score in favor of the hometown German bum fighter for example the Lebedev fight. Yeah Huck might have some power but was knocked out by Cunningham who is not a puncher and Huck never wanted to revenge that loss against Cunningham does this make him a warriror ? I know how German boxing works I talked to some pro fighters in Germany. They will always lose when they step up in competition. How does someone keeps a title hostage for many decades ? The answer just defend your title against top 15 weakest fighter in a voluntary defence. After that they claim that they have defended their titles 15 times or more come on man.
              Last edited by fenixbb; 05-15-2014, 05:45 AM. Reason: error

Comment

What a horrible post. German scoring is better than American and UK scoring, by far, these days. The rest of your post is hate filled garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                  They could do both. Have flyweights open up for cruisers. I really don't get the issue people have with heavier fighters - do you think it makes you more hardcore to support a division that gets no play in America while shunning another division that doesn't either? Seems like just another negative position to take amongst a long line of them.
                  Don't televise cruiserweights just because they are big guys, I prefer to see world class fighters in matchups against other world class fighters.

Cruiser doesn't really have that right now. Flyweight has it in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                    All German bum boxers are champions because they have chosen to fight 90 % for vacant titles. I am German and I do not like Huck either he wins by robbery if it comes to the score cards because it is Sauerland event who pays the judges to score in favor of the hometown German bum fighter for example the Lebedev fight. Yeah Huck might have some power but was knocked out by Cunningham who is not a puncher and Huck never wanted to revenge that loss against Cunningham does this make him a warriror ? I know how German boxing works I talked to some pro fighters in Germany. They will always lose when they step up in competition. How does someone keeps a title hostage for many decades ? The answer just defend your title against top 15 weakest fighter in a voluntary defence. After that they claim that they have defended their titles 15 times or more come on man.
                    Nice post. It's interesting to hear an opinion from an actual German.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Nice post. It's interesting to hear an opinion from an actual German.
                      Pathetic trolling as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X