Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatching Lara vs Angulo.. smh what a hypejob Lara is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Canelo's technique letting him down. Lara will get caught with his right had by his waist, and his chin up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
      Yes, it is that simple.

Angulo is **** period, no offence I like him as a fighter at all but he's just not elite.

Slowest fighter in boxing was able to do that to the 'crafty technician' Lara
      Is is that simple? Or are Angulo and Canelo completely different fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Is is that simple? Or are Angulo and Canelo completely different fighters?
        Canelo can play hunter if he wants and he's 10x faster than Angulo who had Lara in a world of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          It was verbal, nothing in contract, Lara should have been smarter than that. No one said he lost, people get too defensive on here when it pertains to judging Lara as a fighter.
          I think they just have a misconception that he's a slick master boxer and when people say he's not they get defensive. I've always said he isn't that.

To me he is just a pure counter puncher that has a style that he developed in the amateurs. He relies on his feet for defense and never really developed a close range game like most amateur stars nowadays don't. But I mean, if its effective and he is winning there is no need to be defensive about it.

Comment

The truth will be found soon enough and as usual, some will discredit the loser calling him a bum and the winner will be the most "hyped fighter" ever! LOL, this damn place is so predictable!

Comment

Canelo can play hunter if he wants and he's 10x faster than Angulo who had Lara in a world of trouble.
              By "hunter" what do you mean, Booty?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                By "hunter" what do you mean, Booty?
                Pressing the fight

Comment

Pressing the fight
                  You mean coming forward? Collapsing? Closing off the ring?

lmao yeah Canelo does that all the time.

Comment

Lara was landing his left at ease. I can't see Canelo taking it as well as Angulo did

Comment

Throws the same punches over and over again, no inside game, shells up whenever anyone starts throwing combinations, no chin, fuggin slowest boxer in the sport made him do the booty dew for crying out loud why is this guy hyped so much? Nothing special about him at all, Canelo's gonna destroy him.
                      he doesnt throw the same shots over and over again unless its working, even when he does throw the same shots he uses subtle angles that allows him to be effective regardless. finally he is actually more offensively well rounded than most southpaws. most southpaws have a jab and a left hand, nothing else. there are obviously exceptions but lara is more versatile than most leftys.

he has a decent inside game, only reason it didnt show against angulo is because he isnt a moron. fighting angulo inside would be stupid, thats perros game. the smart thing to do is shell up to avoid as many shots as possible until you can find an opening to get back outside. that fight was all about distance, i thought anyone was smart enough to see that but i guess i was wrong.

angulo has tremendous power, if lara had no chin those shots would have knocked him out cold. anyone can get dropped though, by your standard chavez, hagler, marciano, hopkins and leonard all had glass jaws. lara got dropped by a punche, thats what punchers do. anyone can go down, its how you recover that determines what kind of chin you have.

he isnt hyped, he had a tremendous amateur career and has followed that up with tremendous performances in the pros against guys like williams and trout. you dont see what makes him special because you dont know a good fighter when you see one. lara is a very good fighter, might be great one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X