Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fury-Wilder fight wouldn't surprise me though.

Wilder may fight Jennings first, because Jennings is his #2 contender. Wilder can probably handle Jennings. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Perez. It wouldn't shock me if he really did fight Manuel Charr. I also won't be surprised when he fights some no one who isn't even ranked by the WBC (or he is suddenly ranked).

I do predict that he will avoid his #1 contender Povetkin at all costs. He's an Al Haymon fighter. So he can do that, probably.

If he does fight Povetkin, good by Wilder.

If he fights Wlad, lights out sweet prince.

A Wilder-Fury fight a little ways down the line, will be some really obnoxious spectacle that they will be able to hype up like no other. Forget Wilder-Wlad. Wilder-Fury is going to be the pinnacle of Wilder's career. Fury will crush him, even though Fury is not that good. He's better than Wilder. And he's a lot bigger.

I see Fury beating Wilder, and then fighting Wlad sooner than I see Wilder fighting Wlad.

Call me a terrible cynic. Tell me I'm crossing the line.

I don't blame Wilder. He made a decision to be a fighter, and he rapidly became the #1 heavyweight amateur in the US, and even won a US national championship, a US national golden gloves, the Olympic trials, took bronze at the Americas Qualifier, and then won an Olympic bronze medal, all of that within a total of about 20 amateur fights. He's dedicated himself to boxing, I'm sure, and he has learned a lot, as an athlete.

But, he has been careful managed and steered. Of the 32 stiffs he knocked out, some of them were almost surely dives (Malik Scott anyone?).

Deontay Wilder is a bill of goods, being pedaled to a gullible public. He's an "American heavyweight champion". Heavyweight champion my ass. Wilder is no champion, other than being a US amateur champion. He's the holder of a paper title. The WBC has shamed itself. It feels weird to say this; Jose Sulaiman would probably be disgusted right now.

For Deontay's part, he's just making some money and having some fun. Well, hard to really demonize a man for that. Except the domestic violence wrap a while back. And the beating up Charlie Zellenoff for f's sake (no really, WTF? Charlie Zellenoff? Well, I guess he's not much worse than some of Wilder's other opponents. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the video on youtube of Wilder beating up Charlie Zellenoff inside the gym).

What was even worse, he even continued to beat him after he quit. Puny little mentally deranged Charllie Zellenoff got beat up by 'our American' 'heavyweight champ', Deontay Wilder, who continued to beat him after he quit, and who's people somehow saw fit to film the whole thing and post it on Youtube.

If DanCov got in a fight with Charlie Zellenoff and decided to post it on the forum here, that's one thing. But 'our' 'heavyweight champ' doing that?

Yeah, he is a champ. Because Zellenoff is 49 and 0 in bare knuckle street fights. Haven't you heard? Or he was, until he ran into Deontay Wilder. Now he's 49 and 1. And Deontay is the new champ, on account of his victory over Zellenoff.

Yes, that Wilder. He is some champion boxer. He's going to go down in history as the next Joe Louis. No wait, the next Primo Carnera. (Different eras of course. Wilder couldn't tire Carnera's shoes, if it was a head to head).
    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-18-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• I know many won't want to read my last post, because it's too long. Let me just quote the third-to-last and second-to-last paragraphs, just for kicks.

If DanCov got in a fight with Charlie Zellenoff and decided to post it on the forum here, that's one thing. But 'our' 'heavyweight champ' doing that?

Yeah, he is a champ. Because Zellenoff is 49 and 0 in bare knuckle street fights. Haven't you heard? Or he was, until he ran into Deontay Wilder. Now he's 49 and 1. And Deontay is the new champ, on account of his victory over Zellenoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I just did admit I was wrong lol
        I hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong in every sense but I still wasn't impressed with either, Stiverne in particular looked terrible and massively limited. I think we can all agree he wasn't at his best for whatever reason.
        It was a decent fight I just can't lie and say I thought it was a sparkling performance by either.

There was positives to be taken from it and he certainly looked a lot better than in previous fights. I take nothing away from him he did what he had to and took what he got given.
        He proved he can take a shot and go 12 but he still needs an awful lot of work. Its a good win, hes the champ, I give him credit but I still ain't sold on him as a top boxer. He is still very green and has a long way to go.
        This clown got exposed. You don't know **** about boxing dude lol. Stay quiet, you got owned.

Comment

• I was pleasantly surprised and impress by Wilder, the haitan fighter is not a stiff and he dominate him from one to twelve, I think he have a lot to learn but youth and discipline is on his side, good luck to you Champ and keep up the good work...

Comment

• Povetkin beats him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              8-4 Wilder.

Some questions were answered tonight.

Who had money on a Wilder points win?
              Right here. Beercules paid me.. just waiting on SlySlickSmooth to poney up.

Comment

• can't remember the last time i watched a heavyweight fight where someone flurried to get the opponent out of there, and no clinches, good fight

Comment

• I must eat my crow. St I Verne fought a horrible fight. It was reported he entered the hospital due to dehydration, but I don't want to take anything from Wilder. He fought tall, & used his jab properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Wilder needs to stay in the distance and control the fight from outside -- Stiverne is a solid fast mid range counterpuncher. Stiverne is no joke -- he puts people to sleep with that stiff overhand right to the temple.

... But I don't know how long Wilder is able to stay in the ring (nobody knows, in fact). Stiverne was slapped by a larger Ray Austin all night long, until he caught the giant with an overhand right in the 10th round... That is why I suspect that Wilder will try to overwhelm Stiverne as early as he can...
                    Well:

Wilder stayed outside and he tried to overwhelm Stiverne early (he nearly finished him in the second round, but later had his right hand broken).

Wilder may have tired late in the bout, but he was never gassed.

Comment

• Finally getting round to watching this fight.

3 rounds in. The footwork in this fight is painfully bad.

Good discipline from Wilder though so far. Nice to see the signature windmill in round 2

Comment

Working...
                      X