No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Good point. Thing is he was so fresh aftr the fight....That "fresh" should have been spent throwing more punches at an opponent that was there to be hit all night.
    I think a lot of it was he didn't know how he'd feel when he was there so he decided not to blow his load because he might need something heavier later and be too tired.

I thought it was a smart strategy for a guy who never went past four rounds in a real fight.

We've seen some of the best go bust when they are constantly throwing hard shots and not mixing up their attack. And yes, taking breaks can be strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I just did admit I was wrong lol
      I hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong in every sense but I still wasn't impressed with either, Stiverne in particular looked terrible and massively limited. I think we can all agree he wasn't at his best for whatever reason.
      It was a decent fight I just can't lie and say I thought it was a sparkling performance by either.

There was positives to be taken from it and he certainly looked a lot better than in previous fights. I take nothing away from him he did what he had to and took what he got given.
      He proved he can take a shot and go 12 but he still needs an awful lot of work. Its a good win, hes the champ, I give him credit but I still ain't sold on him as a top boxer. He is still very green and has a long way to go.
      You don't sound sorry enough, LOL!

I demand more sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        You don't sound sorry enough, LOL!

I demand more sorry!

Yep.

I want written postmarked apologies from both dan and Bat.

Comment

• It's kinda cool knowing Wilder isn't a bum.

I mean nobody besides Wlad is great in the division, but to me it puts the division in a way more interesting light.

We will never be able to get something like Bowe-Holyfield out of these guys but maybe we will get at least a lesser ESPN FridayNight Fights version of good wars with these lesser skilled guys.

Stiverne was garbage last night. Everyone in the top 10 would have beaten him last night.

Comment

• I'm hoping that Wilder team keep him active (he said he wanted to fight 4 times a year) and match him up with opponents that are on his level e.g. Fury, Glaskov, Jennings, Browne, Perez. I think rushing him into a fight with Wlad would be detrimental and would be a huge setback. However, I fight against Wlad would be a huge payday - so in that aspect maybe you do 'cash out' with him. I think Wilder would also struggle against guys like Anthony Joshua and Povetkin

Comment

• why dont you lot watch stiverne vs ray austin before claiming he just had an off night

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I'm hoping that Wilder team keep him active (he said he wanted to fight 4 times a year) and match him up with opponents that are on his level e.g. Fury, Glaskov, Jennings, Browne, Perez. I think rushing him into a fight with Wlad would be detrimental and would be a huge setback. However, I fight against Wlad would be a huge payday - so in that aspect maybe you do 'cash out' with him. I think Wilder would also struggle against guys like Anthony Joshua and Povetkin
                Glazkov is fighting Cunningham on May 14 for the IBF #1 Contender spot. (That's a good matchup, by the way. And will be a much better presentation of skill than what we saw on display last night).

Browne and Perez are probably Wilder's speed, particularly given the way he's been brought along. Fury is no one special. But he'd punish Wilder. Wilder would most likely beat Jennings. But that's even a dangerous fight in a way, because Jennings is a fit fighter, and he has some skills (even if he is undersized and lacks experience).

Here are the WBC Top 15 (excepting Wilder/Stiverne):

2 .- Alexander Povetkin (Russia) SILVER
                3 .- Bryant Jennings (US)
                4 .- Mike Perez (Cuba/Ireland) USNBC
                5 .- Tyson Fury (GB) EBU/BBBC
                6 .- Vyacheslav Glazkov (Ukraine)
                7 .- Lucas Browne (Australia) EPBC/COMM
                8 .- Anthony Joshua (GB) INTL
                9 .- Andy Ruiz (Mexico) NABF
                10 .- Manuel Charr (Lebanon/Syria) BALTIC
                11 .- Artur Szpilka (Poland)
                12 .- Carlos Takam (Cameroon)
                13 .- Chris Arreola (US)
                14 .- Tony Thompson (US)
                15 .- Odlanier Solis (Cuba)
                Who are the safest match ups?

Perez might be safe. Those Cubans can be tricky though. Let's think about it, maybe watch some tape and take notes.

You know something? I say we go with Manuel Charr. He is taylor made for Wilder.

These other guys, I just don't know.

We may think of a guy like Andy Ruiz as well down the road as a guy Wilder can likely beat.

Scratch that. This guy, Takam, from Cameroon. He's an African. We'll just pay him to take a dive.

So, we've got Wilder's next two fights figured out. Charr, and than Takam.

We can find some future opponents and 'lobby' the WBC to have them properly ranked, some of our handpicked guys I mean.

I'm predicting Wilder's 'reign' is going to be nothing but farcical. They won their trinket. Now the milking goes on.

Comment

• By the way, I can assure you that Wilder wants absolutely nothing to do with Povetkin (his number 1 contender).

I sure as hell hope that fight would happen though.

It'll be a short reign if it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    By the way, I can assure you that Wilder wants absolutely nothing to do with Povetkin (his number 1 contender).

I sure as hell hope that fight would happen though.

It'll be a short reign if it does.
                    Yeah, Povetkin would have a field day with him. His style is all wrong for Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I just did admit I was wrong lol
                      I hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong in every sense but I still wasn't impressed with either, Stiverne in particular looked terrible and massively limited. I think we can all agree he wasn't at his best for whatever reason.
                      It was a decent fight I just can't lie and say I thought it was a sparkling performance by either.

There was positives to be taken from it and he certainly looked a lot better than in previous fights. I take nothing away from him he did what he had to and took what he got given.
                      He proved he can take a shot and go 12 but he still needs an awful lot of work. Its a good win, hes the champ, I give him credit but I still ain't sold on him as a top boxer. He is still very green and has a long way to go.
                      Lol you are hillarious...how are you not impressed? everyone is.

He got a ramrod jab, huge power . he is also very quick on his feet and with head movement and reflexes like i told you before and you didnt believe....he completely shut down stivernes offense by fighting smart . Stiverne is a good fighter, wilder just made him look bad by using his talent and made him look average and bummish.

Comment

Working...
                      X