Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stiverne-Arreola II Early Results: BJ Flores Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, Berto cannot do it alone, helping Haitians but a heavyweight champ from Haiti has a HUGE amount of political power and I hope he uses it to help his people because there are so many ways he can generate interest, money, and political power back there to make a difference.

Comment

Damn Chris. I was definitely pulling for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        I hope Chris retires and I also hope he takes Teddy Atlas with him.
        What's wrong with Teddy Atlas? I thought he did a great job of commenting tonight. He was accurate about what was working for both guys and also about what they were doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          The ref should have stopped the fight after the second knockdown. And I personally hope its the last we see of that foul mouthed fat pig. I hope Chris retires and I also hope he takes Teddy Atlas with him. As for Stiverne, he seems like a decent enough guy. But if Chris could tag him with his jab I imagine Wlad will destroy him with his.
          mouthed fat pig ?! LoL . I enjoyed your post. But you are right Chris never ever trained well. I mean he was always fat, disrespecting the sport of boxing by eating too much and looking out of shape as best as possible. I mean if I would be a boxer I would train my ass off everyday . I boxed many years and I loved it to work out but I had to pay 60 $ every month with no trainer 60$ just for using the gym. But this guy looked to me he was hating training and loved eating because you are a heavyweight there is no weight limit and that meant to him he can eat all he wanted as long he does not transform into sumo fighter. He could have been the first Mexican heavyweight champion but he did not sacrafice himself for the sport of boxing. Really ****** particularly if you are a latin fighter you must have discipline for your fans, for your country, four the legacy of the legends of your country !!! But he decided that burger kind and McDonalds are more important than anything else.
          Last edited by fenixbb; 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Shannon Briggs will show up at the post fight press conference and call out Stiverne for a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme75 View Post
              Damn Chris. I was definitely pulling for him.
              You can pull on his moobs or spare tire. Take your pick.

Still not disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
                This guy is full of **** on the mic right now with excuses. No more cervezas now? You should of been done with them; Arreola only believes his own hype.
                Haymon's team still believes in him. Those clingy cheerleaders with beards have bracelets that provide unlimited access to all their hype trains. Wilder is hoping he doesn't have to face stiffer competition before winning the Klltschko sweepstakes.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
                  What fight was Teddy Atlas watching?

Teddy kept suggesting that Stiverne hurting Arreola in the first round was a curse, apparently never considering that Stiverne, who never really stopped jabbing and was clearly looking for opportunities to counter, was being patient.

Teddy kept praising Arreola's increased work rate, not pointing out that most of Arreola's work was ineffective and not noticing (until the very end) that Arreola, despite his supposedly better camp for this fight, was less than half way through the fight looking more tired than a marathon runner on the 25th mile.

Arreola makes too many basic mistakes and even with his best training efforts simply isn't capable of getting into the condition required to compete with the division's best. I'm surprised so many favored him. I'm looking forward to Stiverne-Wilder.
                  There was a clear bias going on, and it wasn't just in the commentary box as Arreola was done favours by the referee then allowed to continue after the 2nd KD when he was still doing a chicken dance after the count.

Clearly Arreola was "meant" to win this. Stiverne just wasn't in on it.

Stiverne seemed to hurt Chris with every solid shot landed, including a lot of good body shots. Arreola barely threw a body shot.

Comment

Can We Stop Weiting About Arreola Now???

He's always been just a big slow tomato can that hits hard. Let's move on from clowns like him and Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      What's wrong with Teddy Atlas? I thought he did a great job of commenting tonight. He was accurate about what was working for both guys and also about what they were doing wrong.
                      Atlas picks the fighter that he thinks is suppose to win. I really believe he lets that dictate how he scores a fight. Case in point the first fight. I had the young kid from NY dominating the fight with his jab and movement. Teddy gave the first three rounds to the Cuban while I gave one round to him in the entire fight and it wasn't one the first three. So, I believe while Teddy is talking about janitors key rings and looking for what key fits what door and spouting off about substitute teachers he forgets to watch the fight. I believe he than just scores the round for who he thinks should be winning. And I am one of those fans that even sits and watches Friday Night Fights on ESPN and he does it all the time. With that said, I believe he is way to biased to be a objective commentator.
                      Last edited by Ravens Fan; 05-10-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X