No announcement yet.

Rank your top 10 welter contenders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank your top 10 welter contenders

Welter division has had a lot happen this year, so what is your current top 10 contenders to Floyd... Not worried about different promoters or networks, just rank the top 10 contenders at welter

Champ- Floyd

1 manny
    2 maidana
    3 Bradley
    4 porter
    5 Marquez
    6 Thurman
    7 khan
    8 Devon
    9 ghost
    10 brook

CHAMPION: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1. Manny Pacquiao

2. Timothy Bradley

3. Juan Manuel Marquez

4. Marcos Maidana

5. Shawn Porter

6. Keith Thurman

7. Robert Guerrero

8. Kell Brook

9. Amir Khan

10. Adrien Broner

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Welter division has had a lot happen this year, so what is your current top 10 contenders to Floyd... Not worried about different promoters or networks, just rank the top 10 contenders at welter

Champ- Floyd

1 manny
      2 maidana
      3 Bradley
      4 porter
      5 Marquez
      6 Thurman
      7 khan
      8 Devon
      9 ghost
      10 brook
      1. Manny
      2. Maidana (until proven otherwise)
      3. Thurman (Besides Manny, the only guy at WW that has the power and hand speed to catch Floyd in exchanges, and the feet to not be a sitting duck.)
      4. Porter (can easily swap him out with Thurman, but I just have a feeling Thurman is the one to match up better with Floyd. I'll say it again, when you REALLY hit Porter, he tends to back pedal a lot, and isn't the terminator anymore.)

Bradley always has a chance, but I just think he'll be too slow for Floyd. Not as dynamic, physically as Manny, Thurman and Porter.

Comment

1. Pacquiao
        2. Bradley
        3. Porter
        4. Maidana
        5. Marquez
        6. Thurman
        7. Alexander
        8. Khan
        9. Malignaggi
        10. Brook

Something like that.

Comment

1. Pacquiao
          2. Bradley
          3. Marquez
          4. Maidana
          5. Thurman
          6. Porter
          7. Khan
          8. Brook
          9. Guerrero
          10. Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            1. Manny
            2. Maidana (until proven otherwise)
            3. Thurman (Besides Manny, the only guy at WW that has the power and hand speed to catch Floyd in exchanges, and the feet to not be a sitting duck.)
            4. Porter (can easily swap him out with Thurman, but I just have a feeling Thurman is the one to match up better with Floyd. I'll say it again, when you REALLY hit Porter, he tends to back pedal a lot, and isn't the terminator anymore.)

Bradley always has a chance, but I just think he'll be too slow for Floyd. Not as dynamic, physically as Manny, Thurman and Porter.

I get what your saying but I have it the exact opposite.. I think porter is a tougher fight for Floyd.. Porter is much more physically stronger than Floyd, and fights in a high pressure physical style.. Floyd is still skilled but I don't the his old body can bang hard for 12 rounds, and that is what porter will do.. Thurman May be a better all around fighter than porter, but I think there is a chance he falls into a boxing match much like canelo did and get outboxed... Thurman isn't the pressure fighter like porter would be.. Thurman would be a boxer puncher more like canelo

Comment

KHAN no 4 Compare keith thurman and porter resume....you fanboyz are terribly casual, always believing in hype rather than facts.

Comment

I guess I should say that this is based on recent welter resume, as opposed to ranking by who has best chance at beating floyd

Comment

pacquiao
                  bradley
                  marquez
                  porter
                  alexander
                  thurman
                  maidana
                  brook
                  guerero
                  khan

Comment

Originally posted by king4oranges View Post
                    KHAN no 4 Compare keith thurman and porter resume....you fanboyz are terribly casual, always believing in hype rather than facts.
                    How can khan be number 4, when he only has one welter win... Thurman and porter have done much more at welter... Career wise no, but at welter they have done more.

Comment

Working...
                    X