No announcement yet.

Maidana's Gloves Controversy: Everlast PowerLock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana's Gloves Controversy: Everlast PowerLock

Piece of sht Fraud had Maidana fight with pillow gloves. Chino uses MX Everlast (like many other pro boxers do), which are better for heavy punchers that dont need to protect their hands that much. MX, Floyds pillowy Grants (suited for boxers that want more protection and arent that much offensive fighters)and the Powerlocks, they are all authorized by the boxing comission, all 8oz gloves, and its up to each fighter to chose the one that fits their needs best. Offenive boxers will often go for Everlast MX, defensive fighters like FLoyd will go for more pillow type gloves to stop incoming punchers and tradeoff offensive power of their own, or to maybe protect their own hands like a boxer with weak hands or hands injuires would.
    Maidana had both custom made Argentine flag Everlast MX as well as standard red MX, both the exact same glove. Mayweather complained about the custom gloves having no padding (false, but the commision said no just in case) but there was nothing Floyd could do about the standard red MX.

But Maidana fought with PowerLocks, which have more protection for the hand but pack less of a punch and have foam instead of horse hair like MX.
    The PowerLock has bridged the gap between power and protection, offering fighters a unique fight glove that appeals to every boxing style.
    http://retailingtoday.com/article/ev...ve-packs-punch
    In fact, Powelocks also come in pink for women boxing (or for fighting Fraud's Gay ass)

http://www.edfsuperstore.com/store/product1507.html

Maidana fked up Floyd with pillows in his hands.

Last edited by FerFAL; 05-04-2014, 07:38 AM.

So why did Maidana change gloves if the red MX's were approved? I missed a lot the drama last so I'm in the dark about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Collins View Post
      So why did Maidana change gloves if the red MX's were approved? I missed a lot the drama last so I'm in the dark about it.
      Floyd/Ellerbe/Schaefer ignored the commission approved MX's gloves and insisted Maidana to wear pillow gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
        Floyd/Ellerbe/Schaefer ignored the commission approved MX's gloves and insisted Maidana to wear pillow gloves.
        But it's not up to them. If they didn't like the gloves it's their problem, Maidana should have carried on as normal and worn them anyway.

Comment

These are the gloves we use to spar in our gym. Even when I got clean shots to the head, they guy doesn't feel it. Maidana was feeling that frustration.

Comment

But it's not up to them. If they didn't like the gloves it's their problem, Maidana should have carried on as normal and worn them anyway.
            They said they wouldn't fight if he didn't change gloves.

Comment

Unfortunately Floyd's people and maidanas people are the same (Shaefer and haymon) convinced the rest of maidanas sissy camp and they folded... I just he maidana got extra for that change..

Comment

Floyd allergic to horse hair doe.

Comment

I still haven't heard why Maidana and Robert Garcia allowed themselves to be taken advantage of when they had all the rights to wear the MX gloves

I truly hope that they at least got some money ($1 million+) or something to agree to wear those new gloves

Comment

Floyd making the sport safer tho

Comment

Working...
                    X