replied
    I don't think he got paid to change the gloves

Leave a comment:

• .:: JSFD26 ::.
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolino
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I'll clarify my post. He said someone from Team Maidana came on the Argentine TV station and said TMT would offer Maidana more money not to wear the red gloves. It looks to me like they did.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

That's right JSFD26. Hugo Basilotta spoke yesterday to argentine TV and said that Chino was going to wear the approved red everlast MX gloves but they were expecting an offer of extra money to change gloves and i believe that's what happened.
    Like I said, maybe he got a little over confident in his power and decided to accept the offer. Maybe the other gloves wouldve had a different outcome, maybe not.

Thanks for verifying it.

Leave a comment:

• FerFAL
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
    That's right JSFD26. Hugo Basilotta spoke yesterday to argentine TV and said that Chino was going to wear the approved red everlast MX gloves but they were expecting an offer of extra money to change gloves and i believe that's what happened.
    Hope he got paid well for that because with normal MX gloves he would have done a LOT more damage. Floyd's face was touched up even with the pillow Powelock gloves.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolino
    replied
    Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I'll clarify my post. He said someone from Team Maidana came on the Argentine TV station and said TMT would offer Maidana more money not to wear the red gloves. It looks to me like they did.

Leave a comment:

• Interloper
    replied
    FYI, Miguel Cotto wore the exact same Everlast MX gloves against Mayweather when he fought him. Floyd did this deliberately to reduce Maidana's punching power.

Leave a comment:

• solo20
    replied
    I think they didn't get paid for using different gloves in the end the boxing commission change the rules and even ban the other pair so the fight would go on not sure but I think that is what happen

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Chris Collins
    Quote:

Originally Posted by salitap4p#1

they would, if maidana was the type of fighter that would accept such a proposition

He shouldn't have accepted the glove change either, he needed to be that type of fighter.
    Maybe he believed in his power a little too much. Didn't work out.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Chris Collins
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

If I'm not mistaken Nicolino said TMT was gonna offer Maidana more money not to wear the red ones.

Why not just pay him to lose while there at it.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Collins
    replied
    Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
    they would, if maidana was the type of fighter that would accept such a proposition
    He shouldn't have accepted the glove change either, he needed to be that type of fighter.

Leave a comment:

• salitap4p#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Collins View Post
    Why not just pay him to lose while there at it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X