Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow Just Rewatched Mayweather-Castillo 1 And...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd won both.

Comment

First one was close but still in my opinion Floyd edged it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
        First one was close but still in my opinion Floyd edged it.
        I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          I saw the fight completely differently this time. I remember hearing Robert Garcia say when he first saw the fight he thought Floyd won and he changed his mind after rewatching it, having Castillo win. When I first watched the fight I had Castillo winning 7 rounds to 5. This time I saw it differently with Floyd winning 6 rounds, 2 rounds were close and could have gone either way, and Castillo dominating 4 rounds. Remember fights are scored by a round by round basis and even if you out land a guy by 100 punches you can still lose a fight if you lose most of the rounds.

I think I was being heavily swayed by Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant the first time I saw the fight. They were giving Castillo rounds that were simply competitive and giving him credit for low blows and rabbit punches. If you ignore the commentary and go in the fight with no bias you'll see a totally different story. The second fight was simply a repeat of the first with Floyd using a little more lateral movement. I thought De La Hoya and Cotto fought a more disciplined fight against Floyd than Castillo did.

If you had Floyd winning the fight I don't blame you. It looked more like an off night to me than a loss. No wonder Castillo couldn't win the rematch, he practically lost the first fight.

You saw it better the second time. That's basically what happened. Or you could have Floyd winning the first 5 rounds, 4 rounds for Castillo more clearly then their are 3 up for grabs and the outcome depends entirely of how you score them. Round 11 for example was a close round, but i prefer Floyd's work in that round because it was cleaner and from about a min thirty he steps in the pocket and starts beating Castillo at his own game.

Comment

round 1: 10-9 mayweather
            round 2: 10-9 mayweather
            round 3: 10-9 castillo
            round 4: 10-9 mayweather
            round 5: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
            round 6: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
            round 7: 10-9 castillo
            round 8: 9-9 (close; but would've given to castillo if he hadn't punched on the break)
            round 9: 10-9 mayweather(close)
            round 10: 10-8 castillo
            round 11: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
            round 12: 10-9 castillo

Comment

Originally posted by hmichaelt View Post
              round 1: 10-9 mayweather
              round 2: 10-9 mayweather
              round 3: 10-9 castillo
              round 4: 10-9 mayweather
              round 5: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
              round 6: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
              round 7: 10-9 castillo
              round 8: 9-9 (close; but would've given to castillo if he hadn't punched on the break)
              round 9: 10-9 mayweather(close)
              round 10: 10-8 castillo
              round 11: 10-9 mayweather(mayweather landed more clean shots)
              round 12: 10-9 castillo
              Close to how I saw it

Comment

Castillo clearly won. Floyd's "0" is just a myth. History will tell the true story.

Comment

Lets face it, no matter how you scored that fight, Castillo dominated that fight. For those who scored it for Floyd, it's because you gave him all the closer rounds where others saw it differently than you .... but the overall fight was clearly won by Castillo..... what I mean is that what Castillo did to Floyd, Floyd didn't do to Castillo.

Comment

Yes, Floyd beat Castillo the first time. And the second time Castillo had to concede that Floyd was the best of the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X