No announcement yet.

What's special about Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's special about Andre Ward?

What's special about him? Who does he beat? Why he gets in 2nd spot Pound for Pound since he's been inactive. Tell me.

He fights every blue moon. And wins.

Comment

Well he got that high after his run with beating Kessler, Abraham, Bika, and Froch. Then he beat Dawson, though I don't credit that very much, and Pacquiao the consensus #2 at the time was KO'd by Marquez. That really opened up the spot for Ward.

Ward did return and got a decent win over Edwin Rodriguez but he needs to get more active. He's wasted 2012-2013 basically, essential prime years. I thought after Froch in Dec 2011 he'd be well into 175 dominating by 2014 at 30.

He's wasting too much time.

Comment

Master clincher bro

Comment

He fights once a year now, but that was the same for Mayweather for 4 years running and he stayed at #1.

I don't think a foreign fighter would get such leeway.

Comment

He won super 6/ destroyed his division/ destroyed Dawson. Who else should be number 2 then?.......................Exactly

Comment

The only big names Ward has beat are Froch & Kessler (Kessler was slowly declining & exiting his prime).

Abraham & Bika are tough fighters - but not elite.

I'll give him credit for beating Dawson but that's about it. He has been very inactive for the past couple of years & hasn't really done that much.

Apart from the inactivity, it takes more than a few good fights to warrant a position as No.2 PFP in the world.

The guy is a joke. Kovalev & Golovkin would expose him.

Comment

He won the Super 6 beating some serious opposition and beat Froch with a broken left hand in 2 places.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 05-02-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyokushin92 View Post
                  The only big names Ward has beat are Froch & Kessler (Kessler was slowly declining & exiting his prime).

Abraham & Bika are tough fighters - but not elite.

I'll give him credit for beating Dawson but that's about it. He has been very inactive for the past couple of years & hasn't really done that much.

Apart from the inactivity, it takes more than a few good fights to warrant a position as No.2 PFP in the world.

The guy is a joke. Kovalev & Golovkin would expose him.
                  I have to strongly disagree. Hopefully we will get to see these fights take place someday. my money would be on ward. ward is like the second coming of Hopkins when it comes to taking his opponents best weapon away. he's too much of a bull for ggg and his ring Iq is too high for kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                    He won super 6/ destroyed his division/ destroyed Dawson. Who else should be number 2 then?.......................Exactly
                    Who did he destroy? He beat Froch, sure...but Froch has been the one cleaning the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X