Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's special about Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i mean besides the medal nothing really. as a fighter he's just fundamentally skilled and is fortunate to not have had to fight a fighter with great skills like a james toney or roy jones. everyone he's beaten hasn't had great skills.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
      I have to strongly disagree. Hopefully we will get to see these fights take place someday. my money would be on ward. ward is like the second coming of Hopkins when it comes to taking his opponents best weapon away. he's too much of a bull for ggg and his ring Iq is too high for kovalev.
      Based on what I saw against Rodriguez, he'd lose to Kovalev. I think he beats Golovkin at '68.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyokushin92 View Post
        The only big names Ward has beat are Froch & Kessler (Kessler was slowly declining & exiting his prime).

Abraham & Bika are tough fighters - but not elite.

I'll give him credit for beating Dawson but that's about it. He has been very inactive for the past couple of years & hasn't really done that much.

Apart from the inactivity, it takes more than a few good fights to warrant a position as No.2 PFP in the world.

The guy is a joke. Kovalev & Golovkin would expose him.
        Golovkin? The same guy that still fights guys coming off 8 rounders? You need to watch more boxing

Comment

God dammit Ward.....get up to 175 and fight Kovalev. He would expose Kovalev. Not that Kovalev is bad or anything, but lets be real here.

Comment

I like boxing, it's a one on one physical chess match.... Every World Class fighter deserves respect.... It's nice to follow your favorites, but let's get real here.... If the competition consists of Bums, then your boy is beating bums.... How does that remotely make him Great ??? How about building up the sport and it's elite practitioners...

Where's the Luv Man ???? (HaHa)

I like Ward and GGG, at some point they'll touch em up... When they do, a good boxer will get beat by better boxer.... Same with Kovalev and Adonis.... Riggo and Wlad are very dominant... A host of others as well.....

I enjoy a good show, the sweet science is a brutal form of Art... But it's still Art.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
              He won super 6/ destroyed his division/ destroyed Dawson. Who else should be number 2 then?.......................Exactly
              Someone who has won a relevant fight since 2011.

Andre Ward hasn't won a relevant fight since 2011. Think about that. He's been more active in courtrooms than in the ring.

Comment

well, the brits seem to think that carl froch and mikkell kessler are good fighters. you saw what andre ward did to them.

those were less "unanimous decisions," than "soul raping."

Comment

This thread is hilarious.

Comment

If you can't see, I can't help you...

Comment

He is special in that he was the only one one not fighting in his opponents backyard in the s6. Since then he hasn't travelled. That's quite special. He is the only top 168er that has never done that.

I'm just going by memory. I thought he was retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X