6 9-10
    7 10-9
    8 10-9
    9 10-9
    10 9-10
    11 10-8
    12 9-9

113-113

for me, the swing rounds were 1 and 3. if i gave garcia one of those rounds i would have had it 114-112 in favor of garcia. i thought matthysse did a bit more in the opening round and i liked his body work in the 3rd.

when i watched the fight live, i believe i gave garcia rounds 7-12 which would make it 114-112 garcia

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      It wasn't from a left hook, it was from some weird swatting/pushing **** Danny did with his right hand

It's surprising how many people never bothered to check YouTube for the slowed down footage. Danny's left hand never even touches lucas
      this, before that, danny was missing with the left hook, he only started to landed it once the right eye was shut down

Comment

Originally posted by LWO View Post
        Who cried robbery? Most Matthysse fans gave Danny props from what i remember, the only complaints were for the low blows.
        I'm one of the biggest Matthysse fans on the forum, and I definitely give Garcia props for that fight. I truly thought he lacked the grit to keep a swarmer like Lucas off of him, and he proved me dead wrong. I will say, however, that I did feel like the fight was close (114-112 Garcia seemed dead on to me), and I will still be rolling with Matthysse in a rematch. I truly believe he will avenge the loss in a rematch. Not sure if by KO, Garcia has an excellent chin to date.

Comment

you gave garcia rounds 6 and 10 which were probably matthyse's best rounds so that shows you how close it was but no rematch needed of course.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            The eye can't be an excuse though, no matter how it affected the fight. If it occurred due to some obvious foul or so yeah but Danny Garcia landed beautiful left hooks all night, in the first half of the fight he wasn't active enough, when his activity rose, so did his connect percentage, thus, resulting in more left hooks colliding into Matthysses head.

Garcia played this perfectly I think.
            garcia wasn't landing anything big before he sc****d lucas in the eye. only after that was he able to land big punches and he still faded down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              garcia wasn't landing anything big before he sc****d lucas in the eye. only after that was he able to land big punches and he still faded down the stretch.
              I am curious if the tissue around the eye can instantly swell as some sort of defense mechanism to an eye injury, like the actual cornea. Somebody needs to ask Lucas in an interview what the exact injury was, his trainer said it wasn't a broken bone

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                I am curious if the tissue around the eye can instantly swell as some sort of defense mechanism to an eye injury, like the actual cornea. Somebody needs to ask Lucas in an interview what the exact injury was, his trainer said it wasn't a broken bone
                I thought Lucas had a fracture in his orbital bone, though if he did I"m sure it was from the punches after the eye swelled. There's all the video you need to see the eye didn't swell from a punch that would break anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I thought Lucas had a fracture in his orbital bone, though if he did I"m sure it was from the punches after the eye swelled. There's all the video you need to see the eye didn't swell from a punch that would break anything.
                  The eye swelled up from a swipe not a punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLEjQPHjbAA

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Who cried robbery? A lot of crying about the eye and the low blows, but robbery?
                    Don't forget Matthysse pulling Danny's head down and hitting Danny in the back of the head

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                      The eye swelled up from a swipe not a punch.

Nonsense. That eye was affected BEFORE that exchange. A "swipe" is never going to cause the eye to SWELL up like that instantly. He was hit on that eye earlier in the round.

Trying to lie your way into feeling good about your Matthysse is God poster over your bed I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X