Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DempseyRollin

Collusion with GBP? Based on what? Lol u guys and your speculation. That's not how law works. U have to have facts to prove things. U can't just guess your way to a victory in court. She's clearly over reaching.

Do you know anything about law?
    I happen to know a little bit
    Here is just one example.many companies have lost court cases including Amazon due to contract law regarding email agreements. Some have gone as high as the supreme court.
    Do you know who you're talking to? That's NSB's top attorney.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Do you know who you're talking to? That's NSB's top attorney.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Didn't know that lol. I knew he worked for TMT but impressive that he handles the legal issues

Comment

The plaintiff might end up walking away with something or nothing on this suit.
        But Haymon's business practices will be put out in full display.
        And whatever loophole he is exploiting to bypass the manager/promoter regulations might get sorted out by the authorities.

Comment

That was an interesting read

http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverhe...ble-contracts/

Comment

Comment

Okay....looks like there will be more stories popping up about this....

Comment

Interesting situation. This could really impact the landscape of the sport. I'm no law expert so I'll be sure to make that known. Personally I do believe all the allegations made are likely true from following the negotiations and the fallout of from it with Stevenson signing with Haymon and onward.

The biggest thing that is unclear is what was agreed to and at what time were the agreements made. It's seems certain based on the published communications that a deal to match Stevenson and Kovalev after their next fights (Fonfara and Agnew respectively) WAS agreed to by GYM and Main Events. Whether the deal said the fight was to take place on HBO is still uncertain to me.

When that deal was agreed to, Stevenson and Fonfara were also already agreed to fight in the immediate future, presumably on HBO. This matchup was I believe promoted on HBO as an upcoming bout and it was reported that it would take place on HBO.

Yet somehow after the deal for fight with Kovalev is struck, Haymon comes in the picture and basically holds a bidding war for the broadcast rights of Stevenson's fight with Fonfara. At this point either HBO decided to promote the upcoming Fonfara fight without actually finalizing an agreement to do so, and/or Haymon found a way to open the doors to other networks(Showtime) to show the bout. Showtime outbid HBO who I believe had the right to match Showtime's offer to secure the fight, but did not.

At that point Stevenson-Fonfara is a Showtime fight via Al Haymon's workings, but Main Events expressed discontent because they believe the situation jeopardizes the agreement made between them and GYM for a Stevenson-Kovalev bout. Main Events had the right to feel so, because:

1. They believe they struck a deal with GYM for the fight that cant be broken legally.
                2. One of Haymon's clients Bernard Hopkins begins openly making claims that a fight with Stevenson will happen after both of their next bouts (Shumenov and Fonfara).
                3. Kovalev has an exclusive deal with HBO who doesn't deal with Haymon.

The other stuff in the purpoted lawsuit about Haymon colluding with Schaeffer and Espinoza and the way he attempts to skirt the Ali act as an advisor... All that stuff is probably true, but I'm not sure why it's included. I understand that Stevenson signing with Haymon benefits GBP in that he raises asset value of Golden Boy (indirectly or directly) and that's the case the suit tries to make, but the waters are so muddy with Haymon that he'll probably go unscathed

Comment

Main events are now going to court against him and that crook haymon, one interesting part is they stated that richard and haymon are taking the assets away from Oscar

just think about it, slowly all of golden boy fighters are signing for al haymon, soon golden boy will be finished, richard will jump ship to mayweather promotions once floyd is gone

It could come sooner, hence these rift reports are now coming to the media, he really is a dirt bag, terrible for boxing

Comment

Here is SI article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma...lev/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      Sounds like Main Events has a HUGE case if its heard in NY!

Comment

Working...
                      X