No announcement yet.

Main Events filed suit today in Federal court suing multiple people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Don't know if this has any legs..... so we'll see where it goes.

ME arguing that GYM answered for Stevenson and led them to believe he was cool with it
    Stevenson will not be held at all accountable as far as I can tell. His manager, company, Haymon, and GBP would be responsible for which I'm assuming would be a monetary compensation. The fight will never happen but Main events will probably settle for some of the lost financial gain they perceived to be coming from this mega fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Stevenson will not be held at all accountable as far as I can tell. His manager, company, Haymon, and GBP would be responsible for which I'm assuming would be a monetary compensation. The fight will never happen but Main events will probably settle for some of the lost financial gain they perceived to be coming from this mega fight.
      Take as much money from those cowards as they can.... bankrupt the chickens so they beg for money

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
        Duvas no better she thinks the fighters are her slaves, Boxing needs some major reform
        Huh? I dunno how good her contracts are, but it's rare to see a promoter who comes across as caring as much about their fighters. Maybe it's cos she's got some kinda maternal thing going on - and of course her job ain't to care about them but to make ME the most money - but still... slaves?

Perhaps I've missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Huh? I dunno how good her contracts are, but it's rare to see a promoter who comes across as caring as much about their fighters. Maybe it's cos she's got some kinda maternal thing going on - and of course her job ain't to care about them but to make ME the most money - but still... slaves?

Perhaps I've missed something.
          She isn't that bad..... she got her fighters on NBC and haven't seen many disputes RECENTLY from her

Comment

Good on Main Events. Its about time someone challenged this BS.

Comment

As the webpage is on PHP, they could not erase the web address of the article -- they only deleted the contents...

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=26321

Comment

This is some deep ****. Some illuminati type **** y'all.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In the 40-50's we had mob influence running rampant through boxing. Today we have Al Haymon pulling the strings in the same manner.
                  He maintained a low profile for a long time. Seems we will know a lot more about this fellow soon enough.

Comment

http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverherzfeld/2013/12/09/are-your-emails-enforceable-con

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    Collusion with GBP? Based on what? Lol u guys and your speculation. That's not how law works. U have to have facts to prove things. U can't just guess your way to a victory in court. She's clearly over reaching.
                    Do you know anything about law?
                    I happen to know a little bit
                    Here is just one example.many companies have lost court cases including Amazon due to contract law regarding email agreements. Some have gone as high as the supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      The outcome will likely be something like this ^. However it should serve to shine some light on Haymons actual role and hopefully alert the smaller managers and promoters that trying to make the extra $s for their fighters (and by extension themselves) by making use of Haymon as an 'advisor' (actually de facto manager) can actually make themselves, the de jure managers, liable to legal consequences.

I strongly suspect that ME and Duva are not acting entirely alone on this - Haymons 'Advisor' loophole in the Ali laws are causing not just HBO but a number of the second tier managerial and promotional companies very real problems as fighters they have invested heavily in are either denied fights or are effectively taken out of their control (though not their legal responsibility).

Comment

Working...
                      X