No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I know you're too dumb to know but Vitali was the reason looked ordinary in that fight. Not just because he was as ATG apologists suggest, 'OLD' or 'FAT'.
    But Wlad was drugged, headbuttet and green in his defeats

Right?

Or are you too dumb to keep that same level of impartiality to all of the fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
      The KKK is a protestant and American organization.

I'm neither an American nor a Protestant. None of the boxers I like are Protestant and American.

What do all the boxers you like have in common, Herr Landa?
      Which black fighters do you like?

Comment

David Haye is LacedUp's favorite boxer.

And LacedUp likes Stevenson and dislikes Kovalev.
        David Haye is not my favourite fighter and I like Kovalev a lot more than Stevenson.

Why do you have to make up lies to suit your agenda?

Also, I'm caucasian. How can you even think of accusing me of racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Except that everyone knows Vitali had been preparing for Lennox for a long time and paid off Johnson to get his own shot at Lennox.
          If you could back that claim with proof then fair enough but I highly doubt it and why would Lennox not ask for more time to prepare for it if it was that much of a problem?

Do you think the boxing board would of denied it, I extremely doubt they would of.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            Vitali is up there because of H2H and intangibles and some records going in his favour...3-time champ, never knocked down...never behind on cards...2nd highest KO%, undefeated in 10 years, showed his performance level v an ATG...honestly Vitali could have broken the Joe Louis record if he was active during 04-08...I wonder where he would be ranked by everyone had he not been injured then.
            H2H Vitali is an ATG, not a doubt about it. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to follow another sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              If you could back that claim with proof then fair enough but I highly doubt it and why would Lennox not ask for more time to prepare for it if it was that much of a problem?

Do you think the boxing board would of denied it, I extremely doubt they would of.
              Who said it was a problem? I'm just saying that most people realize what happened.

You've got to remember how Vitali was perceived at the time. A big guy with a padded record who would fold when it got tough. That's how.

Obviously we found out that wasn't the case. But Lennox, being a proud champion was willing to fight anyone at anytime.

But his shape was also a result of him preparing for a Kirk Johnson and not a Klitschko.

Denied a Vitali fight, or what do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                H2H Vitali is an ATG, not a doubt about it. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to follow another sport.
                Sure, he's a H2H ATG - but who's his best win against?

I guess Edwin Valero is the greatest light weight of all times then. And when Deontay Wilder beats Stiverne, he's the best heavyweight of all times?

At least be consistent and admit that you would agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Who said it was a problem? I'm just saying that most people realize what happened.

You've got to remember how Vitali was perceived at the time. A big guy with a padded record who would fold when it got tough. That's how.

Obviously we found out that wasn't the case. But Lennox, being a proud champion was willing to fight anyone at anytime.

But his shape was also a result of him preparing for a Kirk Johnson and not a Klitschko.

Denied a Vitali fight, or what do you mean?
                  This is professional boxing you treat all opponents with the utmost respect the fact some say he didn't come in top shape (career heaviest) well he only has himself to blame for that.

I mean he could of clearly rescheduled a fight with Vitali or Johnson, he never had to take the fight and the fact the excuse lingers that he wasn't prepared is a stinker of a note to end your career on.

Lennox is the last of those dominant heavyweights we have seen in sometimes besides the likes of the Klitschkos and his status definitely belongs among the top 5 of HWs atleast in my opinion he does.
                  Its just a pity we never got to see the rematch with Vitali.

Comment

We've noticed all the boxers you like (Lewis, Mayweather, Haye, Stevenson) have something in common, and all those you hate (Wladimir, Vitali, Kovalev) have something in common.
                    Well to be fair he does like Kessler as well and he is not native english speaking like the other of his fav's you mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Lewis only had two weeks to prepare for Vitali. And Lewis wasn't the one who nearly lost an eye.
                      Vitali and Lennox had the same amount of time to train for one-another.

Lennox was the one who lost 4 of 6 rounds, was outlanded 2 to 1 and was hyrt multiple times in the fight. He's lucky the cut occured, I will put it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X