No announcement yet.

Toughest opponent for Wlad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
    Nobody is that tough for Wlad right now. He is in his own division.

We have to pretty much imagine that Wladimir doesn't exist and isn't making everyone else look pathetic. In which case the top guys would probably be Povetkin, Pulev, Helenius, in that order, and Povetkin did zilch when they met.

British boxers are always an easy payday because the soccer hooligan types will believe they have a chance of winning so I guess he could knock out Fury or Chisora before taking a serious fight.
    Helenius? Did you just say Helenius is a top 3 HW after Wlad?

That dude got his ass kicked by Derek Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Helenius? Did you just say Helenius is a top 3 HW after Wlad?

That dude got his ass kicked by Derek Chisora.
      Helenius broke his hand near the end of round one against Chisora, which he had dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioCart View Post
        lol no....Wilder would not be able to take those shots that lepai took.....
        And "lol no", so they all said before Liston-Ali I.
        At least, let 'em fight. At the moment, Wilder by his record is the only person that can be intriguing as a challenger in the heavy division.

Comment

Pulev is one of those guys that doesn't seem like a big enough puncher or aggressive enough for people to give him a little shot with Wlad but he's sneaky good and might be the only man alive who could possibly jab with this man because he has the skill, hand speed and height/reach to hit the target. He's not a pressure guy or anything but you guys gotta stop pinning your hopes on every pressure fighter or big hitter to land some miracle dumb luck shot. It's getting embarrassing. lol

They get tied in knots and jabbed simple. Some people think Pulev is just a guy that will do everything Wlad does but not as well but it don't work like that sometimes. Sometimes guys get totally thrown off by having somebody do their own routine on them. But really maybe Pulev isn't even as similar to Wlad as all that anyway. He's a creative body puncher for one. He might be a lot more interesting than some big hitter coming in to throw big stuff all over and see what lands. He's more cerebral than that. Plus he's pretty tough. The guy can take a good shot when he's got to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            And "lol no", so they all said before Liston-Ali I.
            At least, let 'em fight. At the moment, Wilder by his record is the only person that can be intriguing as a challenger in the heavy division.
            fury is a more intriguing match up and if he beats Chisora again he'll be the most deserving too.

6'9'', huge reach, good power and he actually is quick for such a big man. This is the fight that needs to happen...again, he has to get past Chisora. Wlad beats everyone around but Fury's size would trouble him no doubt and he wouldn't be able to impose his physical will on him.

Jennings is probably the most skilled heavyweight not named Klitschko but I think Wilder is more exciting and poses a bigger, physical threat, if he can beat the winner of Stiverne/Arreola, he should be next in line next year.

Then when Wlad is done with all that, Jennings will be the only one left standing, and then what will the critics say? That he fights bums? That he hasn't fought anybody?

Wlad went through a similar situation a couple years ago with Haye, he beat him and then Povetkin rose as the heir apparent and Wlad made that look easy too. He still didn't get any credit, damned if he does, damned if he don't

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              fury is a more intriguing match up and if he beats Chisora again he'll be the most deserving too.

6'9'', huge reach, good power and he actually is quick for such a big man. This is the fight that needs to happen...again, he has to get past Chisora. Wlad beats everyone around but Fury's size would trouble him no doubt and he wouldn't be able to impose his physical will on him.

Jennings is probably the most skilled heavyweight not named Klitschko but I think Wilder is more exciting and poses a bigger, physical threat, if he can beat the winner of Stiverne/Arreola, he should be next in line next year.

Then when Wlad is done with all that, Jennings will be the only one left standing, and then what will the critics say? That he fights bums? That he hasn't fought anybody?

Wlad went through a similar situation a couple years ago with Haye, he beat him and then Povetkin rose as the heir apparent and Wlad made that look easy too. He still didn't get any credit, damned if he does, damned if he don't
              wlad fights much better against taller opponets though then he does smaller opponets....

less clinching and more agressive....

fury and wilder have size and power, but arn't as skilled

jennings is skilled but doesn't have the size against wlad

Comment

Originally posted by RadioCart View Post
                wlad fights much better against taller opponets though then he does smaller opponets....

less clinching and more agressive....

fury and wilder have size and power, but arn't as skilled

jennings is skilled but doesn't have the size against wlad
                I totally agree but Fury and Wilder make the toughest test for Wlad.
                Jennings would make for an interesting chest match but nothing to write home about and I think Wlad would eventually get to him.

It's going to be an interesting two years as all these fights, if these guys keep winning, will get made.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Come on man...Fury is garbage, I just cannot fathom why he is held in such regard on NSB...he's uncoordinated, has leaky defence, a bad chin, highly overrated power...and in bad shape most of the time - only thing he has is 'statistical' advantages like reach and height. His jab is ok, but not on Wlad's level. In reality, no-one in this era is going to beat Wlad on points, and I see Fury going off his gameplan and trying to get Wlad out of there...but he will get picked apart and KO'd...If he can convincingly beat Chisora, then I may change my mind and he will deserve his shot.

Jennings is ok but he is too small. Wilder will deserve a shot if he can convincingly beat the WBC winner, but I just fancy Wlad to handle him too...he has that sparring experience and I think he will be able to keep away from Wilder's power shots. But Wilder is probably the best option going forward if he proves he can take a shot, because he has the best mix of power and athleticism and speed, which is the best bet on beating Wlad, rather than technique.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    Come on man...Fury is garbage, I just cannot fathom why he is held in such regard on NSB...he's uncoordinated, has leaky defence, a bad chin, highly overrated power...and in bad shape most of the time - only thing he has is 'statistical' advantages like reach and height. His jab is ok, but not on Wlad's level. In reality, no-one in this era is going to beat Wlad on points, and I see Fury going off his gameplan and trying to get Wlad out of there...but he will get picked apart and KO'd...If he can convincingly beat Chisora, then I may change my mind and he will deserve his shot.

Jennings is ok but he is too small. Wilder will deserve a shot if he can convincingly beat the WBC winner, but I just fancy Wlad to handle him too...he has that sparring experience and I think he will be able to keep away from Wilder's power shots. But Wilder is probably the best option going forward if he proves he can take a shot, because he has the best mix of power and athleticism and speed, which is the best bet on beating Wlad, rather than technique.
                    I'm not saying Fury is great, I'm just saying he is most likely the one to give the toughest fight and with some decent fights under his belt, he is the most deserving too.

Who would you rather he fought? Pulev? the guy is too slow and doesn't work enough.

Wilder doesn't deserve the shot unless he gets the WBC belt.

I literally can't think of anyone who would give him a tougher fight. Helenius? Man still has unfinished business with Chisora. Boytov? LOL

Love him or hate him Fury will make it tough for Wlad. I don't thnk the fight goes the full 12 but it would be the most exciting fight Wlad has been in in years, partly because Fury always comes to fight. He seems a tad uncoordinated but he is vastly improved over the years and has very good handspeed for a man his size.

Wilder can get it after Fury but right now, that's the guy.

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Pulev in the autumn, and, if possible, the winner of Stiverne-Arreola II in Dec/Jan.

Comment

Working...
                      X