No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Cotto..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Yeah uhhh derailed.. Manny is the bull terrier Dog in boxing.

Those chins had dents and bruises like a jack hammer jab after 12 rounds.

Agreed ... Floyd is so good that if you win a round you get props...but the nose thing is good aesthetics as well.
    thanks for solidifying the point :laugh:
    Cotto won a rd or 2 and drew a little blood
    the fans cheered when he did something
    but he lost straight up and it wasn't close
    he didn't lie down like he was supposed to, so he got brownie points
    it's been 2 yrs and you're still venting :laugh:

Comment

qgave cotto i think 4 rounds, he did good, could have done better if he wasn't fat

Comment

Pac fan making a point.

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        Cotto gave Floyd a bloody nose...big deal, Floyd owned him 9-3
        your boy got rolled bitch, deal with it :laugh:
        he bloodied Floyd's nose, that's all
        Floyd's aged and lost a step, it showed in that fight
        slowpoke Cotto had no business landing any combos on Floyd
        2-3 rds he got him on the ropes and flurried, whoopty doo
        Cotto's shot and Floyd doesn't owe him a rematch
        and if Cotto beats Martinez, it's only because Martinez was shot worse
        nobody mentioned Pac but you, dumbass :laugh:
        the point is in fact, going over your head
        Cotto can't claim a rematch for scattered moments in rds
        he got beaten comprehensively and would again in a rematch
        the fight wasn't close, despite his idiot fans wanting to believe it was
        he got in some flurries on the ropes, and that dreaded bloody nose
        he overperformed, or maybe Floyd underperformed
        due to this, people delude themselves into ignoring reality
        Cotto was clearly bested and there's no point to a rematch
        you are a fucking idiot, Cotto can't compete with Floyd
        who cares? Martinez is gonna KO and retire shot Cotto
        thread's not about him, it's about Cotto getting murked :laugh:
        you've derailed your own thread with your butthurt :laugh:
        deal with it, Cotto didn't do enough to command a Floyd rematch
        he had a few little moments in a very decisive loss
        nothing he can do legitimately earns him a Floyd rematch
        Floyd will give him one if Sergio is so old he fails and loses the MW title
        but your boy was outboxed thoroughly by Floyd, rematch is pointless
        DEAL WITH IT :laugh:
        thanks for solidifying the point :laugh:
        Cotto won a rd or 2 and drew a little blood
        the fans cheered when he did something
        but he lost straight up and it wasn't close
        he didn't lie down like he was supposed to, so he got brownie points
        it's been 2 yrs and you're still venting :laugh:
        Opening thread.

First let me start off by saying Floyd won...period.
        Wasn't a close fight
        on points but a close fight in rounds.
        Many close rounds. Anyone that thinks Cotto doesn't deserve a rematch is crazy...especially if he beats Martinez...( not likely)
        Side note: the commentating was probably top 3 worst commentating ever....they gave Cotto absolutely no respect and over embellished Floyd's ....everything..lol

Commentating is comical . Please take the time to listen to these guys ...it's sheer sexual eloquence. They sucked Floyd off in front of millions...
        Ex. " oh Cotto lands the left hook, but that didn't hurt him, he is just great "..lol
        Last edited by DondiNeverLeft; 04-26-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

First let me start off by saying Floyd won...period.
          Wasn't a close fight
          on points but a close fight in rounds.
          Many close rounds. Anyone that thinks Cotto doesn't deserve a rematch is crazy...especially if he beats Martinez...( not likely)

Side note: the commentating was probably top 3 worst commentating ever....they gave Cotto absolutely no respect and over embellished Floyd's ....everything..lol

Commentating is comical . Please take the time to listen to these guys ...it's sheer sexual eloquence. They sucked Floyd off in front of millions...
          Ex. " oh Cotto lands the left hook, but that didn't hurt him, he is just great "..lol
          bold is your basis for making this thread dude
          "yeah he lost, but did well enough there could be a rematch later"
          counterpoint is, "no, he didn't, a rematch is not necessary"
          do...you...understand..now?

Comment

probably floyd's most entertaining/competitive fight in ages. after a while you get tired of him taking everyone to school it's nice when it seems like some guys he fights have a pulse. of course, it's not his fault he's that much better than everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              probably floyd's most entertaining/competitive fight in ages. after a while you get tired of him taking everyone to school it's nice when it seems like some guys he fights have a pulse. of course, it's not his fault he's that much better than everyone else.
              Exactly good point...IE. Canelo vs Angulo

Floyd vs Canelo

Pac vs Clottey....

But a guy puts in a decent effort and gives us some entertainment in a loss... And we crap on him...now we wonder why Floyd and Broner act the way they do ...fans sometimes suck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                qgave cotto i think 4 rounds, he did good, could have done better if he wasn't fat
                Yes he gave a good show but the showtimes commentators didn't give him not even a half a round...lol

Comment

I always find it a little weird how fans want Floyd to fight a bigger Sergio but think it's outrageous for Pac to fight a bigger Canelo. But Floyd can also fight Pac..
                  And Cotto will have fought all three...lol and maybe all four
                  The irony my friend. Cotto is King. Win or lose, Cotto is King!

When Miguel beats Sergio only the haters Floyd dicck riders will not want him to fight Floyd.

Miguel had a great showing against what is the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Floyd landed 29% of his total punch count on Miguel, where he LANDED 46% in his PREVIOUS nine (9) fights! WTF? You kidding me? It means that Floyd was unable to land at will like usually does and reflects that Miguel did something right defensively.

I'm not saying that Cotto won in any way or form, but the fight was much, much more competitive than what his haters and bias Floyd fanatics like to admit.

Cotto's rounds 11-12 were his worse defensibly where Floyd scored his best offensive output. Miguel himself had said that he was out of gas after the 9th round and the punch stats support that.

In retrospect and looking right after the Cotto fight, Floyd landed a massive 53% of this punch output on Canelo, a huge 24% difference. The only difference is that Alvarez is idolized and overly hyped by his fans/Golden Boy and the judges gave him "additional support" with the scoring (lol!), and Miguel did not Alvarez did.

Let me clarify that I'm not a punch stats guy but I do look at them to get an idea of specific outputs by different boxers and expand my POV.

Now, in all reality if SHO Box wanted to sell us a rematch I would much rather see Miguel fight Floyd once again specially with the newly more offensive minded/better conditioned Cotto. Not like what the hypetrain fans of Alvarez were posting a few days ago about Alvarez deserving a rematch and what no. They are 's smoking the good chit!

Comment

bold is your basis for making this thread dude
                    "yeah he lost, but did well enough there could be a rematch later"
                    counterpoint is, "no, he didn't, a rematch is not necessary"
                    do...you...understand..now?
                    ...but Alvarez deserves a rematch? Does he? Specially after beating on Angulo....? But Miguel after he stops Sergio will not? GTFO here with that BS.

The WORSE version imaginable of Sergio Martinez is 1000000000000000000 times better than Angulo. Any version of Sergio that Cotto beats is > X 100 Trillion times anything that Canelo has in his current resume, yet, he got a chance to fight Floyd? lol!

Comment

I remember scoring this fight 116-112 in what was a competitive but clear win for Mayweather. Up until the eighth round it was a highly entertaining and contested affair (Cotto had a good gameplan going into the fight), Cotto gassed out in the last four rounds and Mayweather cruised through. The fight does make you wonder how close it might have been if Cotto had 12 round stamina.

Comment

Working...
                      X