Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are lower weight classes in boxing kind of like the special oympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red K!

TS deserves Red K from everyone. How is he to disrespect all the HARD motherfuking boxers in the lower weight classes like that and get away with it?

Bullchit!

Weight classes are there for a reason TS. If you want to compare in between classes then you will have to come up with a measuring stick and that stick is:

P4P Rating

No wonder you were Red before and deserve to stay red!

Comment

It gives the little guys a chance to showcase their athleticism. Mayweather makes more money than any athlete and he has more skills than Wladimir Klitschko. There are some athletic and violent boxers in the lower classes and there are some fat HW stiffs that throw punches like sissies despite having 250 lbs. behind them. When Pacquiao and Mayweather are there beating up bigger guys it adds credibility to what they're doing.

Comment

He's not without a point, though. Imagine saying so and so is inch-for-inch the best high jumper in the world. If he were as tall as other high jumpers he would beat them. That's all good and well, but he's not as tall so he can't.

Another example is that South African murderer who runs on sticks. If he broke the world record he still wouldn't be the fastest runner because without his sticks he couldn't run.

That said, guys in the lower division are usually more skilled.

Comment

i feel light heavyweight, cruiserweights, some middleweights could murder alot of heavyweights

i dont think in a free for all the heavyweights would win at all

wlad is another story

imo the heavyweight division has always looked fairly lumbering and amatuerish compared to the more balanced humans of middleweight-light heavy
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-26-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Some of my favorite fighters are in the lowest weight classes. Just watch a Akira Yaegashi fight and you'd be a fan to. He might be about 5'2" but his heart and balls are as big as any heavyweights.

It's really not even worth responding to stupid ass threads like this. But here's just some of the FOTY candidates in the last few years and all these fights are below 126.

Hernandez vs Porpramook I
            Yaegashi vs Propramook
            Yaegashi vs Ioka
            Guerrero vs Rosas
            Sanchez Jr vs Tete
            Segura vs Sosa
            Segura vs Marquez
            Marquez vs Concepcion I and II
            Viloria vs Marquez
            Estrada vs Gonzalez
            Vor Saengthep vs Eto
            Eto vs Porpramook
            Vor Saengthep vs Kogawa
            Servania vs Tomiyama

The list goes on and on and i probaby missed a few.I guarantee there weren't as many good fights that happened in this same time frame with all the weight classes above 126. Special Olympics? Give me a ****ing break.

Comment

The best sports in the world don't discriminate for size, like boxing and football.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                i feel light heavyweight, cruiserweights, some middleweights could murder alot of heavyweights

i dont think in a free for all the heavyweights would win at all

wlad is another story

imo the heavyweight division has always looked fairly lumbering and amatuerish compared to the more balanced humans of middleweight-light heavy
                It would be great if we had a smaller athletic guy come up in weight and do it, I think he'd get rich fast. Shane Mosley Jr. is like 6'1 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                  lol no even the most mediocre HW would murder him. That guy saying Wlad "couldn't hit" May cracked me up. Good footwork doesn't do much when the guy can touch you from basically anywhere in the ring and walk through your hardest punches.

I'm just saying we don't hit "special olympics" level until the 120 lbs & lower where guys are clinically anorexic for the sake of winning a title.
                  The heavyweight wouldn't "win" because the featherweight or lightweight would dance around him all night and NOT engage. It would be a boring spectacle and no one would pay to see it. This is a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    This is armchair warrior logic.

His jab alone would keep them at bay. He would win rounds by shire ring generalship for the simple fact that he looks normal in there, while they look out of their comfort zone moving away from a big target that isn't in their punching range.
                    I'm saying that the lightweight would not engage the heavyweight. He would be on his bicycle out of range the entire time - it would be a boring no decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      ahaha there's seriously a guy trying to say Floyd would "draw" with Wladimir

Sorry that's just funny
                      Maybe I didn't explain it right. The lightweight would not engage. He would dance away. Then what? The heavyweight come in and the lightweight runs away. There would be no exchanges. No anything except a big man coming in and a little man staying away.

Who would watch that? Who would pay to watch that? Nobody.

Comment

Working...
                      X