Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit do you give Rocky Marciano for beating Joe Louis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Mosley was still a world champion and top p4p fighter....Louis was old and coming out of retirement and in need to money
    well you can take the simplistic view point if you want. But fact is though obviously not what he was Louis was still dangerous and had recently beaten some good fighters. He was not roy jones shot (hence zero credit) as some seem to be claiming here. I gave rocky a 4 credit wise and stick by that.

If he'd beaten prime Louis I'd have giving a ten million.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Joe Louis was 87 years old when he fought Rocky Marciano.
      No, he was 137 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Danm that was just about the same info on Louis that I posted!
        great minds think alike :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          None, zip zero
          What about Mike Tyson's win over Larry Holmes. Does that win add anything to Tyson's reputation?

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Joe Louis was a clear berry pick. You could actually see old dust on Louis's gloves and trunks.

Then why was Louis the favorite to win at the time? Nobody is saying Louis was at the peak of his career but it was an impressive win for Marciano whether some of you want to admit it or not.
            I think a lot of people are just talking **** without really knowing what they're talking about, but that's no surprise around here.

Comment

0 credit i just cant

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                What about Mike Tyson's win over Larry Holmes. Does that win add anything to Tyson's reputation?
                Hell no, no credit

Comment

This being a boxing fan forum and boxing fans on forums showing a level of contempt for boxers that even out-right absolutions would be uncomfortable with I'm not surprised that the zero has been pulled out of the bag as many times as it has.

Surely the man gets credit for training for the fight, lacing up his gloves and getting in the ring, irrespective of the outcome?

. . . . . Bell-ends.

I'll use a decimal and go for 5.6

Comment

Joe louis was 75 years old when they fought!

Comment

Anybody saying he deserves 0 credit has no clue what they're talking about and their only information regarding the fight came from watching Coming to America.

Comment

Working...
                      X