Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Algieri Junior Welterweight Champion of the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Algieri Junior Welterweight Champion of the World?

Vegas odds makers will say not a chance BUT I have a funny feeling neither Algieri nor his camp feel that way. Looks like a guy who is in it to win it. Doesn't see himself as the opponent here. Does he outbox Ruslan to remain unbeaten? What will the odds end up being for this fight and is this a good sneaky bet? Might be a good long shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lok4...be&app=desktop

Last edited by GoToTheBody; 04-23-2014, 03:59 PM.

A light punching boxer, with not the best footwork and very little experience against any talent of substance. May come out for a few good rounds but certainly will succumb to the pressure and take a bad beat down.

Comment

Algieri has never lost as a pro 19-0 (and was also a 20-0 World Champion in pro kickboxing) this could be a more interesting match up than people think. He had previously trained at Robert Garcia's gym with Maidana and Rios and those guys from there are saying he will win

Comment

I'm going to look him up later. Never seen him fight to be honest

Comment

Yeah he's light in the pro boxing experience, but he has other ring experience so his record might not be too indicative of how he can handle adversity. I also think his fitness might be a factor as well because Ruslan kinda struggled with some moments of inactivity in his biggest fights. Still have to go with Ruslan, but I'm optimistic about algieri making a name for himself in some ways

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Yeah he's light in the pro boxing experience, but he has other ring experience so his record might not be too indicative of how he can handle adversity. I also think his fitness might be a factor as well because Ruslan kinda struggled with some moments of inactivity in his biggest fights. Still have to go with Ruslan, but I'm optimistic about algieri making a name for himself in some ways
            Found this on youtube...not for nothing but Algieri looks pretty damn good here sparring Marcos Maidana

Last edited by GoToTheBody; 04-23-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

All he does is back peddle, constantly crossing his feet and flicking out some pathetic excuse of a jab.

I've seen a fair few liking his chances, I wish someone would educate me on what I am missing. He looks very inexperienced from what I've seen.
              A real inferior version of Nathan Cleverly

Forever crossing his feet, constantly off balance, he might do reasonable for a few rounds based on his length & negativity/unwillingness to engage and what can only be described as an irritating, busy jab but Ruslan will get to him eventually and tear his ass up.

Comment

don't think so, at least not against provo, he doesn't have power to keep the russian honest. ruslan will walk through him just like he did against alvarado, maybe faster

Comment

It will look pretty bad if one of the best boxers in the world who nearly beat Bradley to death loses to a 3rd-rate kickboxer. I follow kickboxing as much as boxing and Algieri is not that great in either sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                    It will look pretty bad if one of the best boxers in the world who nearly beat Bradley to death loses to a 3rd-rate kickboxer. I follow kickboxing as much as boxing and Algieri is not that great in either sport.
                    3rd rate? I'd hate to see who you rate as 2nd rate. Give the guy some credit he has had 39 pro fights, 2 World Titles, and has never lost. I read he had a loss to some guy as an amateur that he avenged as a pro but other than that has never been in a close fight. No split decisions in 39 fights. I guess June 14th we will see....i'm sure he will be a big underdog. Anyone know the odds on this fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X