Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Eyes Spot Behind Mayweather, Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty good list, I would maybe put Golovkin in the bottom there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
      top 3 P4P 1 klitschko 2golovkin 3 kovalev popkins don't even make the top 10 to old to slow
      KKK, that would be your top 3. Lol jk, but no way

Comment

As amazing as Hopkin's accomplishments have been, my understanding is that the P4P is a list of today's best. Not a who's who of boxing over the last several decades. If the P4P list were to take into consideration an accomplishment of becoming a unifying title holder at a certain again, then put him in there. But I view the list as the hands down best fighters today. Defeating Shumenov, regardless of your age, does not warrant a spot. Defeating the best in your division (Stevenson and Kovalev) would justify a spot on the list. I dont think age should be a criteria for determining who are the best fighters today. If you're the best, then you're the best. Whether 19 or 49, the question is, how good are you really? Tep ten P4P?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
          Someone remind me why Hopkins vs Ward cant happen?
          Because the master didn't want to fight his protege... Which is explainable...

Comment

Hopkins fights in a parallel universe -- therefore he needs to be ranked in a parallel p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
              BHop again.
              I just looked and Bhop still lost.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                LOL...a champion who is 19 years younger than him with a 5 inch height advantage FFS. LOL, the guy is breaking records every time he fights, regardless of the opponent, champion or bum.
                It wouldn't matter if Shumenov was 20 years old and ten foot tall because he would still be a horrible fighter.

Comment

Respects to Hopkins but he shouldn't be ranked that high. He just beat a paper champ that had less than 15 wins. The light heavyweight division is actually weak compared to some of the other divisions and Hopkins still has enough left to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
                    Someone remind me why Hopkins vs Ward cant happen?
                    BHop got his ass spanked by Dawson. You think he wants any of Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
                      There was nothing hard to score on that fight. Hop was missing on a lot of his shots and couldn't even secure a clinche. Rewatch the fight, dude looked like an amateur in that fight.
                      Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                      BHop got his ass spanked by Dawson. You think he wants any of Ward?
                      Dawson was more active than B-Hop, but that was the deciding factor. Chad couldn't get a clean hit off of him, so I need you 2 to clarify how he got spanked/dominated.......

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                      Correction. Dawson did NOT dominate him by any means. It was another hard to score fight. Dawson didn't dominate one round, even though he won many by default.
                      I agree, with the default being that Dawson was more busier, but Chad ain't put nothing on B-Hop....

Comment

Working...
                      X