No announcement yet.

Porter ordered to face Kell Brook immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter ordered to face Kell Brook immediately

Shawn Porter has 90 days to defend his IBF title against fellow unbeaten Kell Brook.
    The IBF, which sanctions the belt Porter holds, sent a letter on Monday to Porter (24-0-1, 15 KOs) and Golden Boy Promotions, ordering his mandatory against England's Kell Brook (32-0, 22 KOs).

"Congratulations on your win over Paulie Malignaggi last Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the DC Armory in Washington, DC in an optional defense of the IBF welterweight championship," IBF championship chairman Lindsey Tucker wrote. "We wish you all the best for a long and illustrious career as the IBF welterweight champion.

"The IBF granted Golden Boy Promotions an exception to regulations for the Porter vs. Malignaggi fight. One of the conditions of the exception is that the winner must fight the leading available contender within 90 days. The leading available contender is No. 1 Kell Brook. ... Negotiations should commence immediately and be concluded by May 21, 2014. In the event that you are unable to come to an amiable agreement with Brook, the IBF will call for a purse bid."

The IBF furthe r ordered that neither Porter nor Brook can take another fight until the mandatory is completed. If Porter did, he would be stripped of the title. If Brook did, he would lose his mandatory status.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...55&src=desktop

brook is easy work for porter. I think he ko's brook worse than he did Paulie.

Comment

Great news!

We will finally see Kell Brook's worth.

I cannot wait for this fight.

Comment

Let's get it on then. Porter wins, easily has a case for Floyd. Brooks wins, one more good win, and he has a case for Floyd.

Comment

porter-brook sounds like a great fight to me..

i got porter by KO

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
            brook is easy work for porter. I think he ko's brook worse than he did Paulie.
            Honestly, I think the same thing. Porter would bull dog Brooks, and crack that suspect chin.

Comment

And Porter will take it ASAP as long as he can keep ducking Thurman. Run sissy!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa 5.0 View Post
                Great news!

We will finally see Kell Brook's worth.

I cannot wait for this fight.
                Me too.

Very nice match-up...can't wait til it happens.

Comment

Hopefully Hearn and Brook really want it, i'm sure Porter wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    Honestly, I think the same thing. Porter would bull dog Brooks, and crack that suspect chin.
                    Brook has pop though.

Comment

Working...
                    X