No announcement yet.

Porter ordered to face Kell Brook immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    I predict Brook getting injured during training.

If Paulie would had won the Porter fight you would already had heard Brook trying to make the fight.
    The day Porter beat Alexander, Brook said he wants that fight.

He's been vocal about his since December 8th 2013.

He said he'd rather Pauli, naturally. But he wants whoever has the IBF belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Brook is more talented than Porter so we'll see.
      this dudes suffering from a bad case of dumb!

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Shawn Porter has 90 days to defend his IBF title against fellow unbeaten Kell Brook.
        The IBF, which sanctions the belt Porter holds, sent a letter on Monday to Porter (24-0-1, 15 KOs) and Golden Boy Promotions, ordering his mandatory against England's Kell Brook (32-0, 22 KOs).

"Congratulations on your win over Paulie Malignaggi last Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the DC Armory in Washington, DC in an optional defense of the IBF welterweight championship," IBF championship chairman Lindsey Tucker wrote. "We wish you all the best for a long and illustrious career as the IBF welterweight champion.

"The IBF granted Golden Boy Promotions an exception to regulations for the Porter vs. Malignaggi fight. One of the conditions of the exception is that the winner must fight the leading available contender within 90 days. The leading available contender is No. 1 Kell Brook. ... Negotiations should commence immediately and be concluded by May 21, 2014. In the event that you are unable to come to an amiable agreement with Brook, the IBF will call for a purse bid."

The IBF furthe r ordered that neither Porter nor Brook can take another fight until the mandatory is completed. If Porter did, he would be stripped of the title. If Brook did, he would lose his mandatory status.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...55&src=desktop
        Brook does merit a title fight. He's worked hard for it but I cant see him beating Porter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          The day Porter beat Alexander, Brook said he wants that fight.

He's been vocal about his since December 8th 2013.

He said he'd rather Pauli, naturally. But he wants whoever has the IBF belt.
          Thats news to me because the print anything that dude says. Usually he is vocal in what he or his mangement wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Negotiations should commence immediately and be concluded by May 21, 2014. In the event that you are unable to come to an amiable agreement with Brook, the IBF will call for a purse bid."
            ]
            That's today. So I guess this is going to purse bid?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqa2fbBLHKk

Comment

• Hope that fights over here at the motorpoint in Sheff, can't see Poter filling out an arena, it would most likely be an undercard fight in the US. Would be a really good event of its own over here with a great atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                  Hope that fights over here at the motorpoint in Sheff, can't see Poter filling out an arena, it would most likely be an undercard fight in the US. Would be a really good event of its own over here with a great atmosphere.
                  Yeah, that would be awesome. The problem is American fighters rather stay in their own backyard and Porter has already stated that he has no desire to fight in the UK.

Comment

• Good stuff from shawn!!!Think he just made brook, went into hibernation!!!!!

Comment

• Lets get it on,,, I think its a good fight to make..

It will either further cement porter as a top welter, and brook has been talking a good game wanting big fights, now its put up or shut up...

Im not completely sold on porter yet, and brook is such an unknown.. I want this fight to happen

Comment

Working...
                      X