No announcement yet.

Porter ordered to face Kell Brook immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    The 'suspect chin' thing is taken too far. He was momentarily buzzed for 5 secs by a guy with a pretty decent KO record.

I don't think Porter has decisively more power than someone like Carson Jones tbh. Just because he put the heat on Malignaggi doesn't make him a bigger puncher than he is. Realistically, his power has never been the stand-out attribute he has. He's more of a physical guy.

And he hasn't faced anyone of Kell Brook's punching power either.
    He was wobbled by a guy who cannot punch hard at all.

Senchenko's "decent KO%" doesn't mean anything. That's just a stat on paper. He is far from a hard puncher, far far from it.

He was hurt by Carson Jones who's not a hard puncher either.

Comparing Porter power to Jones' power is just silly. Porter's not a monster puncher but he punches much harder than Jones.

He hasn't faced anyone's who punches as hard as Brook that's true and that's his only chance but Brook's not that hard a puncher either anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Porter/Brook is going to be in July though that's definitely not on the Undercard of Floyd's Sep fight.

Plus, 3 of those 4 fighters are contracted to Boxnation whereas Brook is contracted to Sky so they couldn't pull that undercard off anyway.
      Ahh. I'm not too familiar with the business dealings over there. I'd even settle for Mayweather/Khan, Santa Cruz/Frampton on the same card if that's possible.

Or would they able to do Porter/Brook on the Canelo/Lara undercard?

Comment

No he's not.

We shall see....

Comment

Lol at people thinking Porter bumrushes Brook and KO's him like Malignaggi.

There's a reason Porter went out against Paulie. Brook has power and Porter will have to be weary.

Comment

He was wobbled by a guy who cannot punch hard at all.

Senchenko's "decent KO%" doesn't mean anything. That's just a stat on paper. He is far from a hard puncher, far far from it.

He was hurt by Carson Jones who's not a hard puncher either.

Comparing Porter power to Jones' power is just silly. Porter's not a monster puncher but he punches much harder than Jones.

He hasn't faced anyone's who punches as hard as Brook that's true and that's his only chance but Brook's not that hard a puncher either anyway.
            Wasn't Porter hurt by Diaz in the first fight as well? You're reading too much into it in my opinion. Senchenkho was on his face literally 30 seconds later.

Carson Jones can punch. I don't know why you would say otherwise, he's been knocking out light-middleweights. We can agree that he's not a world class operator, but he can clearly punch as was proven in their first fight.

Aside from the malignaggi fight, I haven't seen any proof at all that he punches "much harder" than Jones.

Brook can crack a little bit, and since he's taking it a bit more seriously ,he's been looking a far more hurtful puncher. albeit against b or c class opposition.

Comment

brook is gonna be the next hatton.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Special k.

come on, should be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Wasn't Porter hurt by Diaz in the first fight as well? You're reading too much into it in my opinion. Senchenkho was on his face literally 30 seconds later.

Carson Jones can punch. I don't know why you would say otherwise, he's been knocking out light-middleweights. We can agree that he's not a world class operator, but he can clearly punch as was proven in their first fight.

Aside from the malignaggi fight, I haven't seen any proof at all that he punches "much harder" than Jones.

Brook can crack a little bit, and since he's taking it a bit more seriously ,he's been looking a far more hurtful puncher. albeit against b or c class opposition.
                  Yeah Diaz stunned him. I'm not sold on Porter's chin either.

But he wasn't wobbled like Brook was against a guy who can't punch. How is that reading too much into it? So because he stopped him shortly after that changes the fact that he was wobbled quite badly? What difference does that make?

How can Jones punch? Because he rocked Brook? Who has Jones stopped or hurt to show you he can punch? Which LMW's that actually matter has he knocked out? He's only fought bums.

Porter has "knocked out LMW's" aswell. Hell, Porter has knocked out Light Heavyweight! Porter on his pro debut knocked out a a LHW. Doesn't mean anything.

Porter showed against both Alexander and definitely Malignaggi that he can clearly punch hard. If there's one thing Malignaggi has it's a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    We shall see....
                    In what way is he more talented?

In what way is he talented in general?

Only talent I see from Brook is his power and his doesn't even punch that hard anyway. It's hardly a monstrous puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Ahh. I'm not too familiar with the business dealings over there. I'd even settle for Mayweather/Khan, Santa Cruz/Frampton on the same card if that's possible.

Or would they able to do Porter/Brook on the Canelo/Lara undercard?
                      I'm not sure, Brook can work with anyone in the US as can anyone from here other than guys like Khan and Ogogo who are signed with GBP.

They could put Porter-Brook on Canelo-Lara card, yeah.

Thing is, if Porter is a potential Floyd opponent they might want him to headline the card. And, I don't know where Canelo-Lara is taking place but both Porter and Schafer expressed interest on having Porter's next fight in Las Vegas.

As for Santa Cruz-Frampton I'm not sure the likelihood of it. I think Frampton's mandatory but I don't think WBC care all that much on those like the IBF do. Eddie Hearn seems confident of Quigg swooping in and taking that. I'm not too sure on that one though.

Comment

Working...
                      X