Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it say about Calzaghe that fans give him credit for Hopkins's achievements?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    You actually believe Joe would still be undefeated if he fought today? His style consisted of outworking his opponents, that wouldn't last long in his later years. He didn't have power to begin with so youngers guys with good chins and power would've walked him down and stopped him.

It was a close fight no doubt, but it wasn't a rape. It seems like Calzaghe fans keep looking for things to make his legacy better. Hopkins will be remembered as an ATG and Joe will be forgotten about because as you put it, he "retired and sat on his arse for the past 5 years whilst Hopkins still fights".

You wanna rethink that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

You wanna rethink that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I think he doesn't fight anyone more because he made 10 million fighting a shot to **** Roy Jones. Calzaghe didn't love boxing and had brittle hands so why continue? It was a job to him. It's Hopkins' life.

Which only enhances Joe's legacy more for beating him!

what's he doing now? he's currently making a documentary about his boxing career so obviously it means something to him. he comments all the time on his twitter about boxing, shows up to fights, and even has pictures of him punching ward and saying "would have loved that one" seems to me that he is deeply connected to boxing but his fear of losing made him quit the thing he loved and did his entire life and right when he finally made it to the top level of boxing he quit less than 2 years later. revolutionary!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Calzaghe was a damn good fighter,adjusted well and had underrated defense,.....But no way in hell does he get credit for Hopkins wins and posters are just trolling with that....atleast i hope
          The thread starter is trolling himself, people aren't giving Calzaghe credit for what Hopkins does, that's ridiculous, they are only saying Hopkins still being relevant now helps legitimize his win over Hopkins.
          People used to say he only beat Hopkins because Hopkins was too old but Hopkins is still impressing 6 years later so that kills that excuse, plus Calzaghe was past prime as well when they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            what's he doing now? he's currently making a documentary about his boxing career so obviously it means something to him. he comments all the time on his twitter about boxing, shows up to fights, and even has pictures of him punching ward and saying "would have loved that one" seems to me that he is deeply connected to boxing but his fear of losing made him quit the thing he loved and did his entire life and right when he finally made it to the top level of boxing he quit less than 2 years later. revolutionary!
            Well he's obviously a boxing fan and still follows the sport because well that was his chosen career for 20 years or whatever. He's obviously proud of his career and what he achieved. Making a documentary? Well yeah I'm sure he's doing that for free, right?

It was just a job to him. He didn't love training or fighting and getting injuries.

Fear of losing? LOL...you're a smart guy but sometimes you come off as really naive. I don't think that was at the top of his agenda when he retired. If he really loved the sport he'd have made a comeback by now to prove a point to the fans who give him abuse. He obviously doesn't care all that much. Hopkins does cos its all he knows.

Comment

Clinton Mitchell deserves the credit and not Calzaghe as he laid down the blue print right in Bernard's first fight.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 04-21-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                My point exactly!!! He's not an ATG like Hopkins to continue to be active until close to 50 and still taking on young opposition and unifying belts. Joe decided to retire before some young guy finally snatched that 0.
                I never said he was an ATG, just that he beat one the only time they fought.

Oh yea, and he was a "WHITE BOY".

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                  Very good point, I said that when they fought, Lets see how calzaghe would do if he was 42 years old? Calslappy fans huh, When will they learn?
                  Calslappy huh? Bias a little there chief? Name calling usually indicates a personal disdain, did Jesus teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    well facts trump your impressions.
                    You are so right. Lets evaluate them shall we?

Facts:

Joe out threw.

Joe out landed, in adition to that fact he landed more on Hopkins has ever been hit in ANY pro fight.

And......

Joe out pointed Hopkins.

Joe has a win over Hopkins.

Joe is a "WHITE BOY".

I'm with you, lets just stick to the FACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                      You say Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins when its clear from the replays that almost all of his punches missed. You refuse to accept that yet its a fact.
                      This proves that you're a moron. Just shut up and go away.

Comment

Working...
                      X