Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's just you.

Comment

Originally posted by JFalu View Post
      Well.. I'm loyal to HBO as a fan. Once in awhile I might tune into a Showtime fight if I can find it via live stream. Otherwise, I follow what's going on by articles. Otherwise, its HBO only. That aside, the title holder(s) of a division isnt always indicative of who is the best in a division. And being the best is subjective. In the case of the light heavyweight division, there are two names to discuss in terms of who is the best. And those two names do not include Hopkins. It's either Stevenson or Kovalev. If Hopkins wants to call himself the best in a division, he should see to it that he's taken on the bet in the division. The titles he currently has are out of circumstance unfortunately. Not to discredit Hopkins, because what he did was tremendous. But Shumenov is not Stevenson and it's not Kovalev. Either of those two will walk him down and right through his offense.
      At the post-fight interview, Hopkins was calling out Stevenson. He said he was getting his papers together and coming to Canada. You might want to get SHOWTIME to see 2 of the best go at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Is it just me, or only the fighters at SHOWTIME/GBP get blamed for ducking in this forum? Why are so many hatin' on Floyd and B-Hop? B-Hop took one belt, he's seeking another against Stevenson, but yet some are saying he's ducking Kovalev? Floyd offers Manny a fight TWICE, but it's Floyd's fault for no fight? When you sign with Arum/HBO, you know what you're getting. When you sign with Haymon/SHOWTIME, you know what you're getting. Sorry for Kovalev and Andre Ward, but don't blame GBP/SHOWTIME.
        the reason people would blame Hopkins more is because he has more of the name. He can make the fight happen if you really wanted to bc he has the pulle. Kovalev, although a very good fighter, does not have the name recognition at this point in his career.also, its always the same people coming up with excuses. You can say that Floyd offered a fight twice, but anyone that knows anything about the boxin business knows that the 40 million dollar offer for a fight was going to gross 300 million was not meant to be accepted. Pac was not going to accept 12 percent of gross revenue, which would then also have to be split with Arum as well, is that offer was intended to be a flat fee.
        here, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Hopkins. Whether you call a doc or not, the guy is 49, in has fough basically everyone. if he don't want to fight a monster like Kovalev at this point career, he's are into that right Robert Sheehan
        Last edited by rasdun; 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Wow he really is the most feared man in boxing
          Someone fight the poor guy

Comment

If there's no need to face Kovalev then there was no need to even say his name but since Hopkins keeps mentioning his name then there is a need, if he wishes to be seen as the champ. Ward's got as much claim as being the LHW champ as Adonis does.

Comment

everybody seems terrified of kovalev

Comment

Typical hood rat. Bigger mouth than balls.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Being Undisputed matters way more than being Lineal in this case because many people think kovalev is the best in the division.
                  Clearly, Bernard "I'll never let a white boy beat me" Hopkins thinks so too.

Comment

Wow you've heard it all now.

A 49 year old hall of famer, legend is now being accused of Ducking?

Whats next on these forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      Ward's got as much claim as being the LHW champ as Adonis does.
                      Lol by winning a fight at Super middleweight?

Comment

Working...
                      X