Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins has underrated power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just incredible what he is doing at his age, simply amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by MR. SIXTY40 View Post
      Disagree, Bernard doesn't have much power at 175. Never has, but he did have decent pop at 160.

He hasn't stopped anyone in 10 years, and Shumenov is the first guy he dropped since Calzaghe in 2008.
      He should have had at least one KD against Pascal.

Comment

Hopkins was a huge puncher back in the time, some people seem to forget that

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          Hopkins was a huge puncher back in the time, some people seem to forget that
          Yeah, they tend to forget it because it weren't ****in' true, yer daft ****.

I love how much credit Bore Hard's getting after last night's effort. A 16 fight novice walking right to him with his left hand constantly down... how does the master do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
            Excellent analysis. It's the same thing you see when Mayweather fights, your eye focus is everything and these two guys along with Andre Ward and Rigondeaux is the best. Quillen I see is developing and his eye focus is pretty good.. His defense looked better before he fought Gabe.. But I see him getting back on his game.
            Quillin gets hit way too much, respectfully his name doesn't belong amongst the others you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              He should have had at least one KD against Pascal.
              Agreed, he got Pascal once for sure, arguably twice. Point remains he doesn't have much power at 175, just enough to keep guys from getting reckless.

Nice gif.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. SIXTY40 View Post
                Disagree, Bernard doesn't have much power at 175. Never has, but he did have decent pop at 160.

He hasn't stopped anyone in 10 years, and Shumenov is the first guy he dropped since Calzaghe in 2008.
                I disagree, the reason he doesn't have much KO's above 160 is he doesn't let his hands go much, he conserves his energy and picks his shots at this stage of his career because he knows he will gas out at is age wasting punches. But when he does let his hands go he wobbles and rocks guys even drops them.

B hop has power man, look at that Pavlik fight he was hurting Kelly a lot, and Kelly has a iron chin, but he was busting him up bad. Kelly wasn't willing to trade as much he was focused on blocking shots more.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Yeah, they tend to forget it because it weren't ****in' true, yer daft ****.

I love how much credit Bore Hard's getting after last night's effort. A 16 fight novice walking right to him with his left hand constantly down... how does the master do it?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    I disagree, the reason he doesn't have much KO's above 160 is he doesn't let his hands go much, he conserves his energy and picks his shots at this stage of his career because he knows he will gas out at is age wasting punches. But when he does let his hands go he wobbles and rocks guys even drops them.

B hop has power man, look at that Pavlik fight he was hurting Kelly a lot, and Kelly has a iron chin, but he was busting him up bad. Kelly wasn't willing to trade as much he was focused on blocking shots more.
                    Agree with you. People always assume that if you dont ko people then you don't have any power. Guys like Ward, Hopkins, Mayweather all have some decent pop and power. The thing is they dont commit to their punches like some other fighters do to ensure they keep their balance and the perfect positionning in the ring.

Believe me if these guys didnt have power, they would get walked down by other fighters

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      That right hand is nasty.

Natas knows I'm not a B hop fanboy I always criticize him, but I am unbiased and have to give my honest opinion with credit due and B hop has one of the most underated right hands in boxing, if he threw it more and threw more 3-4 punch combos he would be sparking guys out.

He throws short punches making them powerful, he keeps his hooks short too this is how he gets so much power on them.

He dropped that dude Robert Allen with his sneak right as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X