Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adviser: Malignaggi in Line for Mayweather w/Porter Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adviser: Malignaggi in Line for Mayweather w/Porter Win

A win over Shawn Porter on Saturday night on Showtime would not only give Paulie Malignaggi a welterweight title belt — Malignaggi’s adviser also believes that such a victory would put Malignaggi into contention for a fight with Floyd Mayweather.

“We are not looking past Porter tomorrow night. We know we have our hands full, but we know Paulie can deal with him cerebrally, stylistically and physically,” Anthony Catanzaro told BoxingScene.com on Friday in Washington, D.C. “But I feel looking at the landscape of the welterweight division, a win against Shawn Porter for Paulie’s third world title and second in the welterweight weight class, we have to be mentioned as far as the Mayweather sweepstakes are concerned. [Click Here To Read More]

yeah....no

Comment

Paulie needs to knock Porter out to get to Floyd.

That is all.

Comment

People forget that Malignaggi was a shoe-in to fight either Mayweather of Pacquiao after he beat Diaz and the initial Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations fell apart.

Would love to see him get a big, big payday as a send off for a great career.

Plus, can you imagine the ****-talking between those two?

Comment

SMH.....

Makes Floyd vs. Khan look like Leonard vs. Hearns.

Comment

Floyd's upcoming fights are Floyd/Khan and Floyd/Maliggnaggi

Can't deny the cherrypicking.

Comment

I will never get the haircut fight out of my mind but paulie has somehow always been able to hang with the big boys even without punching power. he has fought many solid fighters & he doesn't get the props he deserves. he is also a pretty good draw. a win over porter (I chose porter to win)could very well put him in the mix for the mayweather sweepstakes following the maidana fight. that is if mayweather beats maidana as expected. I hope pacman gets the next shot though before anyone else...

Comment

Is this for real or hes just talking out of his ass?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

No chance. Not even if Paulie knocks Porter out in 10 seconds.

Comment

No, it puts him in line for Kell Brook.

Comment

Working...
                    X