Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd be a ppv fighter if he had multiple losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    That would depend on when the losses happened. If they were at the beginning of his career i don't think it would make much difference.
    Even if it happened early in his career he wouldnt have his aura of invincibility now that is credited with his drawing power. If he had lets say 3 his losses early in his career I dont even think he would have ever had the opportunity to be a ppv fighter.

Comment

This depends when he lost. If he took 1 or 2 losses early in his career then I can easily see him a PPV star this day and age. But he cannot take losses this late in his career and maintain a massive PPV status.

Comment

Holy **** look at the poll results!

Comment

No...

Action fighters like manny, cotto mayorga, morales, gatti, continue to be big draws because of all their action fights... If Floyd went 2-3 in five fights his stock and popularity would sink like a rock...

Comment

Maybe not but it don't matter, because in reality Floyd IS undefeated.

Comment

I kinda agree with this. Not sure how you market yourself to the public having a loss on your record.

he'd still make good money being the B-side of a De La Hoya fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Maybe not but it don't matter, because in reality Floyd IS undefeated.
                Yep....if IFs and BUTS were candys and nuts, of course

Comment

lol at the poll results. Would love to see the first guy to vote 'yes' and his reason.

Comment

When his entire career revolves around being undefeated it's in Floyd's best interest to take less challenging, yet still marketable fights. His promoter knows this, his agent knows this, his team knows this.

You can see evidence of this in his last 3 opponents.

Comment

How many loses does Manny have? He still a PPV star or nah?

Only on NSB with these dumb ass threads

Comment

Working...
                      X