Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: If Mayweather Wants The Fight, It's On!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Fail, no stadium. No fight. That was his excuse and the reason Floyd has come out and said Arum can not be involved do to his excuses year after year.

Besides that, Roach just came out and said Bob has no intentions on making the fight (Alex Ariza said that years ago) and that JMM V is up next.

Don't be surprised if you start to hear how a 3rd fight with Bradley will be needed as Bob will try and sell the; they are 1 and 1 so a third must happen rant.

Anything to avoid Mayweather or any Golden Boy fighter. Lets hope Pac keeps his word (unlike his word he gave Jinkee) about leaving Top Rank at the end of the year.
    Excuses year after year? You must be joking, right?

- BEFORE COTTO FIGHT:
    "Any time and anywhere" 2009
    - AFTER COTTO FIGHT
    "I don't want my son, Floyd, fighting Manny" 2009

- "Everyone knows that I will never fight Manny with a 50/50 split" 2009

- "Manny is taking PEDs" - 2009/2010/2011.....

- "I'm not interested in fighting Manny. I'm going on a long vacation" 2010

- "I changed my mind again. No cutoff dates - 2010

- "My nephew needs a few tune-up fights prior to taking on someone like Manny Pacquiao" - 2011

- "I only want to fight the best and Manny you are next" - 2011
    - "I never said Manny is next" - 2011

- "It's simple, all Manny has to do is accept taking the test AND WE HAVE A FIGHT!"
    - "Manny accepted PEDs testing but now I WANT ALL PPV MONEY" 2012

- "Manny must avenge his losses first or no fight .... BTW, I'm polling Khan/Maidana to see who is my next opponent" 2013/2014

- "After all these years, I just realized that I can't do business with Arum so I can't fight Manny" - 2013/2014

- "Health comes first" - 2012
    Last edited by ADP02; 04-13-2014, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Excuses year after year? You must be joking, right?

- BEFORE COTTO FIGHT:
      "Any time and anywhere" 2009
      - AFTER COTTO FIGHT
      "I don't want my son, Floyd, fighting Manny" 2009
      - "Everyone knows that I will never fight Manny with a 50/50 split" 2009
      - "Manny is taking PEDs" - 2009/2010/2011.....
      - "I'm not interested in fighting Manny. I'm going on a long vacation" 2010
      - "I changed my mind again. No cutoff dates - 2010
      - "My nephew needs a few tune-up fights prior to taking on someone like Manny Pacquiao" - 2011
      - "I only want to fight the best and Manny you are next" - 2011
      - "I never said Manny is next" - 2011
      - "It's simple, all Manny has to do is accept taking the test AND WE HAVE A FIGHT!"
      - "Manny accepted PEDs testing but now I WANT ALL PPV MONEY" 2012
      - "Manny must avenge his losses first or no fight .... BTW, I'm polling Khan/Maidana to see who is my next opponent" 2013/2014
      - "After all these years, I just realized that I can't do business with Arum so I can't fight Manny" - 2013/2014
      Mr copy and paste king here ladies and gentlemen. lol

EVERYONE knows Bob Arum has given excuse after excuse. Floyd and Pac's team BOTH have said Bob Arum is the problem. The ENTIRE boxing community has said it. In fact the ENTIRE boxing community is demanding that Pac leaves Bob as we all know Bob has other intentions lined up once again.

Comment

Which sums up my point nicely. Bob Arum postponed the fight because he wanted a special stadium built. Which led Maywather to saying Bob Arum can not be involved. Which is what the entire boxing community has been saying for years. Even Pac's team.
        No, the stadium was just an idea being thrown around. Schaeffer even said the money split was the main concern.

The issue that is more pressing, though, is the money split, because Mayweather has repeatedly said he won't give 50-50 and Pacquiao said he won't fight for less.

Comment

• I'm ready too. Get at me Floyd!

Comment

• Originally posted by Everlast03 View Post
            No, the stadium was just an idea being thrown around. Schaeffer even said the money split was the main concern.

The issue that is more pressing, though, is the money split, because Mayweather has repeatedly said he won't give 50-50 and Pacquiao said he won't fight for less.
            Do you not know of the phone call Floyd made with Pac and how he offered $40 million? Pac said "no" but came back and said he would fight for free. $40 million is not 50-50 but then again it's not 2009 either.

We all knew the stadium was an excuse to give Bob more time. He got that time and even more time after that when he claimed he didn't know who to contact from Mayweather's team to make the fight.

Comment

Do you not know of the phone call Floyd made with Pac and how he offered $40 million? Pac said "no" but came back and said he would fight for free. $40 million is not 50-50 but then again it's not 2009 either.

We all knew the stadium was an excuse to give Bob more time. He got that time and even more time after that when he claimed he didn't know who to contact from Mayweather's team to make the fight.
              Please explain how Pac can accept a personal 40 million offer, when he's under contract with Arum/TR?? How can he do that?

And also explain how Arum would be cut out of that offer when Manny is under contract? Wouldn't Arum need to approve this "offer?" If so, how can Manny accept Floyd's "offer?" He wasn't a free agent man. Floyd knew this.

He can't negotiate directly with PAC when he's under contract with a promotional company. Wtf is so hard to understand about this? People keep throwing that "40 million" **** around.
              Last edited by Supreme75; 04-13-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Mr copy and paste king here ladies and gentlemen. lol

EVERYONE knows Bob Arum has given excuse after excuse. Floyd and Pac's team BOTH have said Bob Arum is the problem. The ENTIRE boxing community has said it. In fact the ENTIRE boxing community is demanding that Pac leaves Bob as we all know Bob has other intentions lined up once again.
                Yup, same reason why Floyd never fought guys like Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams .... because of TR and Arum ..... you got me there ..... Oooops, I just checked and unfortunately those guys never fought for Arum yet Floyd ducked them too! Hmmmmmm

Sorry budd but Manny has not ducked anyone. Make a poll and everyone will know who is the winner of this ducking contest. Even now, Arum said that he is interested. Go show me a link that says that Floyd is currently interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Yup, same reason why Floyd never fought guys like Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams .... because of TR and Arum ..... you got me there ..... Oooops, I just checked and unfortunately those guys never fought for Arum yet Floyd ducked them too! Hmmmmmm

Sorry budd but Manny has not ducked anyone. Make a poll and everyone will know who is the winner of this ducking contest. Even now, Arum said that he is interested. Go show me a link that says that Floyd is currently interested.
                  Stop being an idiot .. Paul Williams was never in line to fight Floyd nether was Martinez. If that where the case why didn't Pac fight ether guy??

As far as Floyd saying anything about Pac, he says he's done dealing with these guys period.
                  Floyd offered Pac 40 mill which he turned down ..The only reason Pac and Arum are trying now because they now Know Pac drawing power is down along with his boxing ability .. Arum will not put Pac in the ring with anyone that would be a danger.. So don't look for pac to move up to 154 or fight any dangerous young fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by g-wane View Post
                    Stop being an idiot .. Paul Williams was never in line to fight Floyd nether was Martinez. If that where the case why didn't Pac fight ether guy??

As far as Floyd saying anything about Pac, he says he's done dealing with these guys period.
                    Floyd offered Pac 40 mill which he turned down ..The only reason Pac and Arum are trying now because they now Know Pac drawing power is down along with his boxing ability .. Arum will not put Pac in the ring with anyone that would be a danger.. So don't look for pac to move up to 154 or fight any dangerous young fighters.
                    In line? It was discussed as Plan B if Plan A, the Manny fight didn't happen. The excuse back then was money. In that Martinez would not bring in $100 million for Floyd like the Manny fight would ..... but then Floyd was
                    - OK to fight Marquez who WAS NOT IN LINE,
                    - Guerrero, who Floyd himself said "Who is Guerrero? Who did he beat?"
                    - Hatton, who dropped back down to 140 after a lackluster performance at 147

and how many other fighters did bring in $100 million for Floyd? lol!

So please, stop with the insults and excuses!

Comment

• are there actually people defending mayweather on this issue?! wow, what a joke...

Comment

Working...
                      X