Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The headliner for that card would have to be Eminem vs Nas with Jayz vs Drake on thee undercard for me to consider ordering that over Canelo vs Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by northstar View Post
      Canelo doesn't apply relentless pressure like Angulo does. In the past, he hasn't shown the ability to consistently stalk and punish above average to elite boxers/movers. Angulo isn't a mover or boxer; he was always there to be hit. As a result, Canelo was able to use his physical strength and punching power to great effect.
      you dont need relentless pressure on lara, go watch lara-vanes, lara is no floyd...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
        It's clear as day the sport of boxing is out to get Lara. Every fight he's in he's presented with insurmountable disadvantages, and the promoters go out of their way to make sure all the odds (ring size, rehydration clause)are against him even if he's only fighting on the undercard.

They also tried to derail the train by putting him in against known figthers (Vanes, Trout, Williams, Angulo)on network tv so everyone can see him lose
        To top it off they want to throw him to the wolfs in the biggest stage in boxing as a headliner on a PPV card...**** boxing and their agendas.
        I know you are being sarcastic but I'll play with you anyway, by the time he fought williams he was asking for a fight with the champ, ginger, theres was no way in hell that gbp/sulaiman would let that happen so how better to get Lara of their back? Of course pay someone to do it for you, so they shipped him off to Jersey to fight an elite boxer with the judges in their pockets, if you don't call that throwing Lara to the wolves I don't know what will convince you, the Lara-vanes was a fiasco gbp not made an attempt to promote the fight so arum won the purse bid, and what happened? vanes never touch Lara who by the way from the 4-5 on could not miss with the left hand and vanes quit even before the doc check him out, now we have Lara-perro, the small and slow mat I do understand, maidana was the headliner and they want some advantages in that respect but what it really got to me was the weight issue, he was told and they say it on camera after the fight that he couldn't go over 10 pounds the night of the fight while perro double the amount, this fight is happening because ginger is too young to realize in what kind of fight he will be in, not because gbp want it to give us a good and evenly match, thanks Lara for overcoming the obstacles and keep at it and ginger for telling his bosses to **** off and fight the best available fighter around his weight class, I wasn't a fan but I'll root for him after his fight with Lara...
        Last edited by garfios; 06-20-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• I love boxing and I love hiphop...so this day will be epic for me

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
            I know you are being sarcastic but I'll play with you anyway, by the time he fought williams he was asking for a fight with the champ, ginger, theres was no way in hell that gbp/sulaiman would let that happen so how better to get Lara of their back? Of course pay someone to do it for you, so they shipped him off to Jersey to fight an elite boxer with the judges in their pockets, if you call that throw Lara to the wolfs I don't know what will convince you, the Lara-vanes was a fiasco gbp not made an attempt to promote the fight so arum won the purse bid, and what happened? vanes never touch Lara who by the way from the 4-5 on could not miss with the left hand and vanes quit even before the doc check him out, now we have Lara-perro, the small and slow mat I do understand, maidana was the headliner and they want some advantages in that respect but what it really got to me was the weight issue, he was told and they say it on camera after the fight that he couldn't go over 10 pounds the night of the fight while perro double the amount, this fight is happening because ginger is too young to realize in what kind of fight he will be in, not because gbp want it to give us a good and evenly match, thanks Lara for overcoming the obstacles and keep at it and ginger for telling his bosses to **** off and fight the best available fighter around his weight class, I wasn't a fan but I'll root for him after his fight with Lara...
            they wanted lara out and they put him vs a fighter that was coming off a devastating ko loss?? go back and look at laras record and give me a decent win that wasnt vs a guy coming off a loss or a robbery...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              they wanted lara out and they put him vs a fighter that was coming off a devastating ko loss?? go back and look at laras record and give me a decent win that wasnt vs a guy coming off a loss or a robbery...
              lol stupid lara d*ck riders. Williams just got KTFO the fight before, one of the most brutal single punch knockouts of all time and they apparently "fed lara to the wolves" lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                lol stupid lara d*ck riders. Williams just got KTFO the fight before, one of the most brutal single punch knockouts of all time and they apparently "fed lara to the wolves" lmao
                From what I remember, Williams fighting Lara could've been a cherry pick gone wrong. Apparently, Williams and his team chose Lara after seeing him struggle with Molina.

Being knocked out in your previous fight doesn't always diminish your efficacy as a fighter.

What you can't deny is that Lara has fought many tough fighters. He has come up the hard way. ****, I think it was only two years ago that he even joined a top promotional company.
                Last edited by northstar; 06-20-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

You are a ****ing idiot or don't anything about fighting, Lara didn't fought williams the next day after the ko your moron, the sport is full of great fighters that has being ko and comeback stronger, armstrong, lewis, duran, even mancini got punish it for 13-14 rounds and came back to dominated the lw division, klits too, hundreds of them, a ko loss doesn't mean you are damage goods and he definitely didn't fight like a shot fighter in any case the twelve is around the corner and questions will be answered...

Comment

You post anything worth reading? All I read from you is you TRYING to offend people.

"dick riders this" "stupid motherfker that."

Comment

• Originally posted by northstar View Post
                      From what I remember, Williams fighting Lara could've been a cherry pick gone wrong. Apparently, Williams and his team chose Lara after seeing him struggle with Molina.

Also, being knocked out in your previous fight doesn't always diminish your efficacy as a fighter.

Um yeah it does. Most top level fighters that get KTFO like that are never the same. There hasn't been many to come back to the same level they were fighting at. He got put to sleep, he didn't just get KO'd he got put to sleep with his eyes open.
                      Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      You are a ****ing idiot or don't anything about fighting, Lara didn't fought williams the next day after the ko your moron, the sport is full of great fighters that has being ko and comeback stronger, armstrong, lewis, duran, even mancini got punish it for 13-14 rounds and came back to dominated the lw division, klits too, hundreds of them, a ko loss doesn't mean you are damage goods and he definitely didn't fight like a shot fighter in any case the twelve is around the corner and questions will be answered...
                      lol stop trying to spin shiet you gimp. No, lara cherry picked and trying to get a good name on his resume off a guy coming off a devastating KO loss. Same thing with Angulo coming off a questionable win. And Molina had like a 3 week notice on their fight. SO learn your sht and take your red bar posts somewhere else
                      Last edited by Bardock; 06-20-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X