No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale: Management Finalizing Details For Macklin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Bear in mind Adama and Ishida secured Monaco bouts.
    And Murray is now signed with the guy that made those fights. I doubt Geale takes that kind of pay cut for that much risk. Also HBO is looking to Televise the next Monaco fight. I doubt they would want to do that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
      And Murray is now signed with the guy that made those fights. I doubt Geale takes that kind of pay cut for that much risk. Also HBO is looking to Televise the next Monaco fight. I doubt they would want to do that fight.
      I think Murray will happen next year.

No doubt if JCC Jr/GGG goes off and GGG wins, HBO will try hard to push Martinez/GGG on PPV. A risk though since it'll be it's 5th this year

Comment

I don't like this fight at all what a s**tty year this has been for HBO and Showtime let me tell you pretty f**king disappointing year so far.

Comment

Mack vs Geale is a good fight - the Sturm triangle makes it real interesting (though personally my feeling is that Geale's got more left in the tank) and obviously a Geale win on HBO paves the way for a GGG showdown (specially if Maravilla - Golovkin falls through). Both guys looked good in their last outings - Geale obviously the more so (Macklin coulda looked more convincing) and will be looking to shine in a big US fight...what's not to like?

As has been pointed out Murrays signing with Golden Gloves makes a Murray vs GGG date in Monaco a very real possibility, perhaps early next year - though I really wanna see Murray put in a decent fight or two before then - the Khomitsky debacle didn't do any favours for MM (though I'd be happy to put it down to an off night).

With Sturm - Soliman a lock-in and Jr vs GGG seemingly near to done this was probably the best fight that could be made for either guy as well as being a potential springboard to future US fights for the winner. Good match-up in every way as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
          X