Comments Thread For: Geale: Management Finalizing Details For Macklin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
    What's up with Sturm?

I fought Macklin was getting his rematch with him, given he arguably won the first one.

Shame because if he loses to Geale he won't.
    Sturm and his team went a different direction. They had a deal in place, then Sturm opted out.

Now Soliman has him for a rematch May 31

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Sturm and his team went a different direction. They had a deal in place, then Sturm opted out.

Now Soliman has him for a rematch May 31
      Felix has to face Soliman or be stripped,it's a mandatory !

Plenty of options for Felix after he dispenses of Soliman,Lee,Geale,GGG maybe even Quillin would be willing to step up and face a challenge,doubtful but stranger things have happened in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
        Felix has to face Soliman or be stripped,it's a mandatory !

Plenty of options for Felix after he dispenses of Soliman,Lee,Geale,GGG maybe even Quillin would be willing to step up and face a challenge,doubtful but stranger things have happened in boxing.
        He has to face him before August and Mack/Sturm been in talks for a while... he stuffed 2 fights in between that time period last year too... one being Soliman.

Felix ain't fighting any of them.... maybe Lee

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
          Two legitimate top ten middleweights facing off. Winner could get himself a shot at somebody like Sturm. Loser will not be in a good place. If Geale wins, Macklin's days as a contender could very well be done. The peak of his career will have been his Sturm fight. If Macklin wins, Geale will have lost to two of the British trio. His career would not be in a good place. I'd personally like to see winner fight Quillin. Of course, knowing Quillin, he wouldn't be willing to fight the loser.
          He probably could still get a Golovkin fight if he lost, in Monaco as opposed to HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            He probably could still get a Golovkin fight if he lost, in Monaco as opposed to HBO.
            I doubt it. Geale wouldn't be worth the time if he lost. He would have to rebuild. Unless it was a controversial loss.

Either way it's Murray or Sergio next for GGG.

Comment

Yea, that fight would lose a lot of interest though.

If that were to happen.... Mundine?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
                I doubt it. Geale wouldn't be worth the time if he lost. He would have to rebuild. Unless it was a controversial loss.

Either way it's Murray or Sergio next for GGG.
                Bear in mind Adama and Ishida secured Monaco bouts.

Comment

Bear in mind Adama and Ishida secured Monaco bouts.
                  Could he take that pay cut though?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Could he take that pay cut though?
                    True, bound to be a significant drop-off, but I'd imagine a free title shot would be hard to ignore for any fighter when he's down on his luck.

Comment

True, bound to be a significant drop-off, but I'd imagine a free title shot would be hard to ignore for any fighter when he's down on his luck.
                      We always hope that'll be enticing, but most of the time it's for people who've never got one or who're so far gone from one that it's ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                      X