No announcement yet.

Acceptance of todays boxing scene.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance of todays boxing scene.

I've come to accept that boxing is just a form of entertainment (for the most part) now. By that I mean that I've accepted it's not longer the best vs the best but the most popular vs the most popular and that money will always be the deciding factor in making fights, not whether or not someone does or doesn't deserve it. Honestly I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders from this and I will just enjoy fights for what they are and not look to deep into it.

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
    I've come to accept that boxing is just a form of entertainment (for the most part) now. By that I mean that I've accepted it's not longer the best vs the best but the most popular vs the most popular and that money will always be the deciding factor in making fights, not whether or not someone does or doesn't deserve it. Honestly I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders from this and I will just enjoy fights for what they are and not look to deep into it.
    Sad but true.

It's about the event now, not the competition.

Comment

Business first, remember that. It's about fighters and their accountants. Not the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
        Sad but true.

It's about the event now, not the competition.
        Yeah....not much else to say but I can say I'm not stressing it anymore now I'll just enjoy the fight and not delve into the nuances

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
          Business first, remember that. It's about fighters and their accountants. Not the sport of boxing.
          Without a doubt. Maybe in the lower weight classes but even then......Tough times tough times

Comment

One day, when I finally get up to Canastota, I'll finally get to see the HOF exhibit of Floyd's income statement and Al Haymon's tax returns.

Comment

Always speaking the truth Bronsky...

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                One day, when I finally get up to Canastota, I'll finally get to see the HOF exhibit of Floyd's income statement and Al Haymon's tax returns.
                Ppv sales are what define greatness though don't leave that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
                  Yeah....not much else to say but I can say I'm not stressing it anymore now I'll just enjoy the fight and not delve into the nuances
                  Yep, that's about all you can do.
                  My advice go check out amateur fights in your area. The fighters are still doing it for the love of the sport.
                  Who knows you might see a future star before he starts caring if he's making enough money to fight so and so.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
                    Yep, that's about all you can do.
                    My advice go check out amateur fights in your area. The fighters are still doing it for the love of the sport.
                    Who knows you might see a future star before he starts caring if he's making enough money to fight so and so.
                    That's basically what I do. I always attend the AM fights. Thankfully the wife is into them too

Comment

Working...
                    X