Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana Doesn't Know Who Collazo Is.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He said he didnt know who amir khan was, until amir khan looked him in his beady little eyes and whooped his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      Yeah, a bunch of them don't follow other fighters. Trainers included. If you ask Pacquaio who is Collazo, I bet he has no idea too. I bet he didn't even know who Brandon Rios was until he was chosen as his opponent.
      Yeah most dont follow the sport, even Robert Garcia doesnt even know who carl froch is.

But Pacquaio knows who Rios was since like 09.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        He said he didnt know who amir khan was, until amir khan looked him in his beady little eyes and whooped his ass.
        Probably same goes for Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          What i have noticed is that a lot of the people who box dont actually follow it and a lot of the hardcores have never stepped foot inside a gym.

Even in media the writers who know their stuff have never laced'em up as for boxers atleast in the gyms ive been in the people have one or two favorites and thats about it.
          Yeah, i've definetely noticed this as well.

When i've talked to some of the top fighters from a few different gyms they didn't follow the sport much at all.

In fact just a few days ago one asked me whether the Froch/Groves rematch had been announced!

Comment

i guess some fighters are busy training rather than following boxing news on the net

Comment

Originally posted by heihaci View Post
              i guess some fighters are busy training rather than following boxing news on the net
              To a certain extent this. Maidana is attempting to operate at the world level and is clearly a very busy man, he's got better things to do than refreshing boxingscene multiple times a day.

Comment

Probably same goes for Devon.
                And ortiz and broner etc

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  Yeah, i've definetely noticed this as well.

When i've talked to some of the top fighters from a few different gyms they didn't follow the sport much at all.

In fact just a few days ago one asked me whether the Froch/Groves rematch had been announced!
                  Same.

I was the Mr know it all in my previous gym. I used to tell'em to visit BoxingScene, but they could care less and would just ask me. These are guys who have won national titles and are serious about the sport lol.

Comment

Same.

I was the Mr know it all in my previous gym. I used to tell'em to visit BoxingScene, but they could care less and would just ask me. These are guys who have won national titles and are serious about the sport lol.
                    The mind boggles. I like hearing from pros like Ward and Malignaggi who follow the sport in depth. Surprisingly not many of them do.

I give Maidana a pass though, he's a country boy farmer. He is where he is because he is good at fighting not because he's a student of the sport.

Comment

lOL come on people ive been saying this for weeks:

maidana barely even knows who floyd is!

where chino is from floyd is not a known or respected character
                      he is just a fat cow, ready to get milked and slaughtered.!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X