No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola: "Mayweather beats a Prime Julio Cesar Chavez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    wait a minute..........so in your mind 154 is floyds natural current fighting weight? (and not 147)

Why arnt' the Klitchko's gettin the respect they deserve?

Comment

Floyd is the greatest he would have ref Cortez in there and eventually ko Chavez...with a little help from Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Why people find this allegedly fascinating I have no idea. Floyd controls distance with his always superior athleticism and footspeed and does virtually the same thing to everyone. In and out like a mongoose but rarely fighting in transition. Almost always going fully defensive when his opponent launches an attack. He jumps way back, gets away, rolls off the ropes - usually in greatly exaggerated fashion - and resets for his offense. Good way to win points but it's no great exhibition of skill. If you want to see boxing skill see Pernell Whitaker. He was in there doing very deliberate, very controlled **** right in the eye of the storm.

Riiiiiight...

Listen Floyd is considered at least top 3 counter puncher in all of boxing.

Explain how you can counter punch your way to victories if you are always jumping away from your opponent?

Matter of fact, how can he shoulder roll the punches and jump way back at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          Riiiiiight...

Listen Floyd is considered at least top 3 counter puncher in all of boxing.

Explain how you can counter punch your way to victories if you are always jumping away from your opponent?

Matter of fact, how can he shoulder roll the punches and jump way back at the same time?
          lmao

Is this your intellect going in on me?

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
            Few fighters are as dedicated as Floyd is, he understands he is a Professional Boxer.

Others go and take there kids to pizza parties, get drunk the night of there win.

Floyd want to stay in shape to stay in a weight class where he has the most advantage at. He does this by staying in shape and stay on a diet. Look what happen when he went to jail, he came out looking bigger, muscles filled out more looks like he was pumping iron and gained 15 pounds. Not only that looking at fights of Floyd when he just stepped into 147, he looked much smaller. Now, his team says he still weighs the same? Yet, his frame has grown. As i said, he is fighting the smaller men. Floyd doesn't belong at 147.
            Dude... Floyd went to jail for less then 3 months. He went in a welter and came out a welter.

He was looking bigger because he was out of shape. Not because his muscles had filled out.

He just weighed in at 150 for a JR MW fight for goodness sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              lmao

Is this your intellect going in on me?
              Dude... its Friday night and Im chilling watching Kentucky vs Louisville and posting here.

I dont care to "go in" on you. Im just just talking boxing.

Answer the question or dont, I dont give a ****.

Comment

i really don't understand the magic in this for some people........chavez is a great fighter but the things that mayweather can do would be a horrible stylistic nightmare for chavez.........it's just the styles. i would never pick chavez to beat mayweather in a real head to head fight. it's the styles..........A tommy hearns who could keep the distance on mayweather with a long speedy jab & when maywather gets frustrated and tries become more aggressive like he did judah he would pay with a right hand atom bomb........hearns would have outpointed battered and beat mayweather. but i can't say the same for chavez at all.

i don't see it as this big magical thing ether............i just think chavez has A good style for mayweather showcase skills against. thats a very winnable fight for mayweather.

Comment

slick black fighters always trouble mexicans.

its just a fact of life.

Comment

The posts in this thread miss the entire point. They take the BEST version of Chavez against a MIDDLING version of Floyd (the one that fought his first fight at 135 against the champ) and saying "If Castillo did it and Chavez is better than him..." How about the fact Floyd has VASTLY improved since that bout. Floyd that fought Gatti takes the UD against Chavez. Too much speed, ability, versatility and ring smarts.

Comment

Chavez and Castillo are not the same fight nor is Mayweather and Whitaker

Chavez is shorter with a shorter reach than Castillo, and was a better inside fighter than Castillo and had a better defense.

Castillo did better against pure boxers and counterpuncher types than Chavez because of his range and size and was a bit more dirtier than Chavez

For instance Castillo BEAT very good skilled boxers like casamayor, Stevie Johnston, Julio Diaz and hell an immaculate boxer like Mayweather close in the first fight.

Chavez struggled against boxers AND foot speed....from his prime against Juan LaPorte when he said "I would not have complained, if he had won the decision" - KO ****zine and Meldrick Taylor and near or past prime against Whitaker, Frankie Randall, ODLH( WHO IMO HE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEAT)

Mayweather would outbox Chavez clearly...Both started at the same weight...Mayweather is taller, longer reach, faster, more elusive....he has all of the edges except for power and chin. Chavez would have to knock him out if they ever fought. Mayweather wouldnt let him operate in his wheel house

Comment

Working...
                      X