Chris Arreola: "Mayweather beats a Prime Julio Cesar Chavez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like whittaker, mayweather outbox chavez in my opinion

Comment

LOL at the thought floyd will fight anyone prime.

floyd wont ever fight JCC unless they kidnap and held ellerbe for ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
        LOL at the thought floyd will fight anyone prime.

floyd wont ever fight JCC unless they kidnap and held ellerbe for ransom.
        Don't speak for me chump.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Eller B View Post
          Don't speak for me chump.
          your man floyd wont fight prime JCC dog. NEVER. he will rather kneel down and beg for mercy than fight JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
            your man floyd wont fight prime JCC dog. NEVER. he will rather kneel down and beg for mercy than fight JCC.
            Chavez was a huge attraction in his day, he wouldn't mind any drug tests, Arum wouldn't be profiting. The fight would have happened in a heartbeat, and Floyd would of made him look past his prime.

Comment

Chavez was a huge attraction in his day, he wouldn't mind any drug tests, Arum wouldn't be profiting. The fight would have happened in a heartbeat, and Floyd would of made him look past his prime.
              Why was the Khan fight not made?

Comment

Originally posted by Everlast03 View Post
                Why was the Khan fight not made?
                We hear at Mayweather Promotions (The Past, The Present, and Future of Sports and Entertainment) felt that the fans deserved the Maidana fight. Khan right now is a little high risk, low reward at this stage in his career. He destroyed Julio Diaz in his comeback fight, and we kind of felt Floyd needed a little more preparation. Marcos is a good tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                  My guy Mayweather doesnt stop and start.
                  He fights in rhythm! His offense is his defense. The reason being is that he is constantly moving. While Floyd's opponent is preparing to punch Floyd is already counterpunching,and vice versa; While Floyd's opponent is waiting to counterpunch, Floyd is already punching. It is all one motion.
                  It is not stop and start. It is rhythm and flow.

Changes of speed and direction, pivoting and spinning, dipping, rocking, backpedaling, sidestepping, feinting, weaving, side-slipping, angles all are part of a repertoire of constantly shifting balancing mannerisms designed to alter the perspective of the observer, a kind of slick motion geometry.

Chavez is a all time great! All time. I truly believe he would have given Mayweather a hell of a fight. However, Mayweather will have gave Chavez way more problems, than Chavez would have gave mayweather.
                  For example:
                  Mayweather jab, Lead right hand, and ability to neutralize chavez rhythm would have Chavez lost in "Transition"

Why do the films say otherwise? Here's a "prime" 140 version of Floyd doing what he always does and what he's always done. Compartmentalize. He's a boxer-fencer, sorry Horus. Gotta call it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post

Why do the films say otherwise? Here's a "prime" 140 version of Floyd doing what he always does and what he's always done. Compartmentalize. He's a boxer-fencer, sorry Horus. Gotta call it like it is.
                    Why people find this allegedly fascinating I have no idea. Floyd controls distance with his always superior athleticism and footspeed and does virtually the same thing to everyone. In and out like a mongoose but rarely fighting in transition. Almost always going fully defensive when his opponent launches an attack. He jumps way back, gets away, rolls off the ropes - usually in greatly exaggerated fashion - and resets for his offense. Good way to win points but it's no great exhibition of skill. If you want to see boxing skill see Pernell Whitaker. He was in there doing very deliberate, very controlled **** right in the eye of the storm.

Comment

We hear at Mayweather Promotions (The Past, The Present, and Future of Sports and Entertainment) felt that the fans deserved the Maidana fight. Khan right now is a little high risk, low reward at this stage in his career. He destroyed Julio Diaz in his comeback fight, and we kind of felt Floyd needed a little more preparation. Marcos is a good tune up.
                      Ellerbe, You've done a tremendous job getting Mayweather ready for a fight of this magnitude. I know what it takes, hard work and dedication, prayers and belief in a good team.

I believe in loyalty. Mayweather is loyal to his team. Floyd has been with the same team from the beginning to the end. Again, what a tremendous job.

Comment

Working...
                      X