No announcement yet.

Must Floyd Stop Maidana To Receive Significant Credit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Floyd just unified 2 titles with and the Ring title at 154 and is now trying to do the same at 147 and somehow people are complaining,**** em cause they gone b1tch regardless,Floyd is making history,name me one other fight who has ever been unified/lineal/ring champ in 2 divisions at the same time
    yet Floyd never fought the guy at 147 (Manny Pacquiao) and the guy who wanted to fight him at 154 (Sergio Martinez)

instead, Floyd fought against guys that most people here picked him to beat while giving very little possibility to his opponents.

The above is why we are *****ing ..... Floyd doesn't care about them belts (he said so) or this and that, I don't and neither should you because at the end of the day, if you don't fight the guys that people expect Floyd to fight then you WHO CARES!!!

YOU are the one who is complaining about something that nobody but YOU and other Floyd fans are concerned about ...... and even then, we know that you are just trying to do your best at protecting Floyd, at all costs!

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
      I see this being a TKO or maybe one of his more dominant fights to date. I really expect Mayweather to school Maidana. Best of luck to Maidana and I hope I am wrong but this is Gatti - Mayweather all over again
      chino is fresher than gatti was back then, gatti had been through several wars before floyd, he even got KO'd by baldomir, a guy who wasn't a puncher at all (14 KOs in 48 wins).

Comment

He's not going to. Floyd will be on the bike most of this fight.

Comment

Floyd has fought damn near 50 times and if you think your getting anything new out of him at 38 then your a funny little bastard.

With that being said, he has his man groupies and the rest of the world watches his fights to (hopefully) see him get knocked out. A decision loss we already seen vs Castillo so that didn't humble him.

We're looking for the knockout with Madonna. If we don't get it? So be it.

But don't f.uckin waltz in here like some hot shot asking us if Floyd is going to impress us because the writings on the wall:

20% of the population will be impressed (god knows why.)

80% of us will see the same old Floyd, playing it safe. From the opponent to the boxing style.

That's how it's been since 2007 (some would argue before) and that's how it's always gonna be.

End of discussion. If Jim Rome was here, he would say "rack um."
          Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 03-26-2014, 11:55 PM. Reason: Added my Jim Rome line, because I just killed it with a great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            chino is fresher than gatti was back then, gatti had been through several wars before floyd, he even got KO'd by baldomir, a guy who wasn't a puncher at all (14 KOs in 48 wins).
            You make a good point but I don't think Maidana is all that much better then a shop worn Gatti. I think Mayweather will play it safe until maidana becomes more open for shots and from there Mayweather will just pot shot him. If Maidana stops pressing forward then he has no chance. Even with this brawling swarming tactic I don't see him effectively hitting Mayweather. A brawler will never beat a defensive minded shoulder rolling types fighter like Mayweather. Watch James Toney vs Iran barkley...size and power don't mean **** unless you can use it correctly. Cotto had one of the best fights against Mayweather and that was because he used great foot work and ring generalship whilst keeping up the tempo of the fight. Just looking at Floyds resume right now I don't see how Floyd should have any problems with Maidana.

Comment

You make a good point but I don't think Maidana is all that much better then a shop worn Gatti. I think Mayweather will play it safe until maidana becomes more open for shots and from there Mayweather will just pot shot him. If Maidana stops pressing forward then he has no chance. Even with this brawling swarming tactic I don't see him effectively hitting Mayweather. A brawler will never beat a defensive minded shoulder rolling types fighter like Mayweather. Watch James Toney vs Iran barkley...size and power don't mean **** unless you can use it correctly. Cotto had one of the best fights against Mayweather and that was because he used great foot work and ring generalship whilst keeping up the tempo of the fight. Just looking at Floyds resume right now I don't see how Floyd should have any problems with Maidana.
              i get you man, i'm not saying floyd won that fight cause gatti was shot or that maidana is gonna beat him cause he isn't. i'm just saying IMO it won't be like gatti, that was brutal, one sided beating. most probably it would be one sided, but lead to a UD. anyways i'm cheering for maidana no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Floyd just unified 2 titles with and the Ring title at 154 and is now trying to do the same at 147 and somehow people are complaining,**** em cause they gone b1tch regardless,Floyd is making history,name me one other fight who has ever been unified/lineal/ring champ in 2 divisions at the same time
                Fight was at a catchweight. What a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  i get you man, i'm not saying floyd won that fight cause gatti was shot or that maidana is gonna beat him cause he isn't. i'm just saying IMO it won't be like gatti, that was brutal, one sided beating. most probably it would be one sided, but lead to a UD. anyways i'm cheering for maidana no matter what
                  I see this fight being more like the corrales fight than gatti.. Gatti was fighting a prime Floyd, whereas Maidana gonna be fighting a slower version of Floyd. I think Floyd beats him and possibly stops him, and Maidana has about as much success as corrales did, which was very little

Comment

Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
                    The fans that hate on Floyd will always hate him no matter what he does. He could stop Maidana and wouldn't get credit. If in the one in a million chance the Pac fight did happen and in the one in a million chance he stopped him he still wouldn't get any credit. It is what it is. No sense in asking about it.
                    /thread......

Comment

Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
                      The fans that hate on Floyd will always hate him no matter what he does. He could stop Maidana and wouldn't get credit. If in the one in a million chance the Pac fight did happen and in the one in a million chance he stopped him he still wouldn't get any credit. It is what it is. No sense in asking about it.
                      If Floyd would have fought the following fights, no way would Floyd not get credit. Floyd would have had new fans and get his old ones that he lost back:
                      - Margarito in 2006
                      - Cotto in 2007/2008
                      - Mosley in 2007
                      - Manny in 2009/2010
                      - P Williams in 2009-2010
                      - Sergio Martinez 2010-2013

Note: Floyd didn't even have to have fought all of the above. Cotto, Manny and Martinez and Floyd would not have been called a cherry picker or ducker by anyone.

Last edited by ADP02; 03-27-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X