• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernard vs. Dawson III PPV

That's the one the fans wants.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      The point of the poster is that Bhop is not a draw. Never has been. Never will be. HE SHOULD NOT BE A PPV FIGHTER. Period. He's barely a shoebox feature lol
      I have no clue why some of these guys are turning Bernard Hopkins into some PPV star.

Ok, I understand the BoxingGenius username can rub people the wrong way and some might not like me as a poster, but damn folks; come on now.

Bernard Hopkins a PPV star worth leaving a network?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hopkins and Pavlik was never on PPV. Where did you get Pavlik-Hopkins 195k?

Comment

I have no clue why some of these guys are turning Bernard Hopkins into some PPV star.

Ok, I understand the BoxingGenius username can rub people the wrong way and some might not like me as a poster, but damn folks; come on now.

Bernard Hopkins a PPV star worth leaving a network?
          B-Hop is not a PPV star and no one is saying that. But if you put a good A-side for B-Hop, he makes for a good B-side/supporting actor.

But put it like this, if Hopkins is not a PPV star, what does that make Kovalev? He is basically an unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Wow, I don't remember that one being on PPV; that's crazy

What a rip off

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              B-Hop is not a PPV star and no one is saying that. But if you put a good A-side for B-Hop, he makes for a good B-side/supporting actor.

But put it like this, if Hopkins is not a PPV star, what does that make Kovalev? He is basically an unknown.
              Kovalev by the end of the year will be in a position to do better than 40k; I PROMISE you that. Hell, even if he is unknown to mainstream, Kovalev still does better than a 20-40k PPV.

If Hopkins isn't a PPV star or some kind of financial God, why would Stevenson leave a whole network to fight him like he was?

Oh yeah, you put a good A-side with anyone, they're gonna bring $$$

Comment

Wow, I don't remember that one being on PPV; that's crazy

What a rip off
                Undercard was sh-t but the fight itself did not feel like a rip off. I purchased it and enjoyed B-Hop proving so many people wrong. I bluntly predicted he would school Pavik, but he was the underdog and so many fans and media felt he would get badly KO'ed and hurt. Freddie Roach refused to train B-Hop and instead told him to retire because Pavlik will hurt him badly.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-say...-pavlik--15213

Look at all of the posters in agreement with Roach. Basically the whole feeling leading up to that fight was that Hopkins needs to retire and that Pavlik will hurt him bad and force him to retire. Everybody was wrong and every minute of every round felt great.

No offense to at all bro, but you were probably not even around at the time (2008) to feel the vibe of NSB and Youtube and all the naysayers. To new comers maybe it looks like a ripoff, to a Hopkins fan like me it was worth it. Hopkins-Jones II was a ripoff.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins' PPVs are like playing Russian Roulette. That's why I rarely buy them. With the bullshit he pulled vs Calzaghe/Dawson, it's hard to think buy buy buy.

Comment

another thing is stevenson would get the smaller share of the purse against hopkins whereas he gets the bigger percentage against kovalev

Comment

it's not that Bhop is a jackpot in and of itself...but the payoff is big. It's simply a bigger win than Sergei at this point....and sometimes boxing is local. If he were to do something that fellow Canadian-based Pascal could not do, he solidifies his status in Canada and galvanizes even more fans there.

He might be doing well now, but that could put him into selling out venues every time out.

I hate to lose the Kovalev fight as a fan..and I honestly feel he loses to both guys..but the upside to beating this particular 50yr old seems like the path to take. hate to say it

Comment

Working...
                      X