Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Maidana have to use dirty tactics in order to beat Mayweather?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the weirdo with conspiracy theory forgot is most of the fights he insisted were fixed were on HBO. You know, the network he just put up as the network of virtue? I thought I'd seen it all here. ........

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
      What the weirdo with conspiracy theory forgot is most of the fights he insisted were fixed were on HBO. You know, the network he just put up as the network of virtue? I thought I'd seen it all here. ........
      Not everything is black and white. Punch yourself. You know there's a gray area. But HBO has since cut ties with Mayweather and Al Haymon. They were getting played -- buying the most expensive sparring matches in the world. They knew they could get better value with action fighters like Golovkin and Kovalev. And everyone saw HBO refuse Ward's opponent. They will only match him up with a puncher. Anything else would be unwatchable. I respect HBO for having standards.
      Last edited by Bombs Away!; 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

No way there is neutral ref in this fight, Mayweather already knows who is reffing the fight and he will be looking out for Mayweather.

Chino has to be very carefull with the referre, if its Byrd, he's going to throw Chino off of Mayweather.

Mayeather is a dirty fighter but even he needs the refs help to get a win.

Comment

First thing that Maidana needs to do or learn is NOT to do what he did against Devon Alexander. Floyd will be using certain tactics to make sure that Maidana doesn't tee off on him. Floyd will be elbowing, giving him the forearm, holding and yes, he will also move around the ring.

So Maidana may need to make it a tough and rough affair but he better not be smothering himself from throwing them punches or else we will be in for a very frustrating fight to watch.

Comment

Whether he uses dirty tactics or not, he certainly won't be apologetic about it and ask Floyd's forgiveness like Ortiz did. So I don't expect Maidana to get sucker punched in this fight.

Comment

Not dirty, just be mean as always..try to match the mean streak that Floyd himself has. Both play loose with the rules in some ways..most of the time they will answer a foul with a foul, and I don't really look down on that unless the intent is too ridiculous or it becomes excessive [ie clinching, low blows,etc]. I like for top fighters to be like that

I agree above though that Maidana has to focus on not smothering himself

Comment

Yea but he can only be so dirty and the ref I would think is going to be on point on him pulling **** like that. Just as a frame of reference Ortiz was rough through out his fight with Mayweather. He would dart in with his head down almost catching with his head (which he finally just blatantly did it). It didn't faze Mayweather and he was winning. If anything getting rough and playing dirty will only cause Maidana to tire faster and probably pick up a penalty of some sort. Best bet for Maidana is just be the same relentless fighter as he was with Khan and Broner and keep trying to land bombs. Other then that Mayweather will run circles around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Roberto Duran has been saying for about 2 or 3 years you have to be dirty hit the arms, the hips,shoulders the Kidneys and no one does it. If I trained someone I'll focus on hitting arms and shoulders and back portion of the ribs and side stepping to your right to avoid his counter rights and upper cuts
                  Lucky you're not a trainer then. You see the problem with that is, while he's punching Floyd's arms and hips, Floyd will be punching his head. Would you rather be getting hit in the head or the arms? That's why no one does it.

Comment

He doesn't need to solely rely on them but definitely incorporate them into his strategy. Mayweather doesn't like rough fights, he gets uncomfortable.

Comment

the worst thing Marcos can do is get dirty

Comment

Working...
                      X