No announcement yet.

Gloves pros wear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    I own Rival, Everlast, Cleto Reyes and Grant 8oz professional gloves. Grant is overwhelmingly the best. Overwhelmingly. I have half a dozen pairs and they all fit the hands immaculately. Excellent protection, feels like a set of lightweight ergonomic bricks strapped to your fists.
    I'll still take my Everlast 10 & 12 oz gloves,made in the U.S. I've had them for 15-20 years now & have 6-7 pairs.

The Reyes gloves always felt small, most lighter boxers who can pop wore Reyes in the "gym wars".

Grants are for punchers with hand issues.

Everlast makes a "tween" model for boxer/punchers like Andre Ward that I bought for my daughters. They all have pink 10 oz Everlast gloves.

Comment

I've used 3 brands of boxing gloves in 10oz.

Reyes-Like most of you guys have said Reyes as punchers gloves. I know my sparring partner feels my punches when I wear Reyes.

Winning-Very protective to your hands and your sparring partner. Basically pillow gloves.

Grant-A mix of Winning and Reyes but more on the Winning side.

Any one used Rival gloves before? I been seeing a lot at my local gym but haven't gotten on to trying them.

Comment

Originally posted by SD180sx View Post
        I've used 3 brands of boxing gloves in 10oz.

Reyes-Like most of you guys have said Reyes as punchers gloves. I know my sparring partner feels my punches when I wear Reyes.

Winning-Very protective to your hands and your sparring partner. Basically pillow gloves.

Grant-A mix of Winning and Reyes but more on the Winning side.

Any one used Rival gloves before? I been seeing a lot at my local gym but haven't gotten on to trying them.

i haven't even put my hand in a rival glove yet, but i hear great things. i also see that they are rather expensive.

i don't think i've heard anybody with anything bad to say about rival gloves.

Comment

In terms of power

1. Reyes the pure punchers glove
          2. Everlast is the second best glove for power
          3. Grant is the most consistent glove, decent power, decent speed, and added protection for those with brittle hands(excellent for blocking the head and hiding behind the high guard ala Winky)
          4- Winning gloves pure pillows
          Last edited by sbbigmike; 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
            In terms of power

1. Reyes the pure punchers glove
            2. Everlast is the second best glove for power
            3. Grant is the most consistent glove, decent power, decent speed, and added protection for those with brittle hands(excellent for blocking the head and hiding behind the high guard ala Winky)
            4- Winning gloves pure pillows

i keep seeing people saying this. last i checked, which wasn't all that long ago, everlast had no less than three types of pro gloves. the MX is the punchers' glove you are talking about. maidana uses it.

anybody willing to go to their website can verify this. i just don't give enough of a f#ck.

Comment

Working...
            X