• Show
Clear All

• New England
    replied
    Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
    In terms of power

1. Reyes the pure punchers glove
    2. Everlast is the second best glove for power
    3. Grant is the most consistent glove, decent power, decent speed, and added protection for those with brittle hands(excellent for blocking the head and hiding behind the high guard ala Winky)
    4- Winning gloves pure pillows

i keep seeing people saying this. last i checked, which wasn't all that long ago, everlast had no less than three types of pro gloves. the MX is the punchers' glove you are talking about. maidana uses it.

anybody willing to go to their website can verify this. i just don't give enough of a f#ck.

Leave a comment:

• sbbigmike
    replied
    In terms of power

1. Reyes the pure punchers glove
    2. Everlast is the second best glove for power
    3. Grant is the most consistent glove, decent power, decent speed, and added protection for those with brittle hands(excellent for blocking the head and hiding behind the high guard ala Winky)
    4- Winning gloves pure pillows
    Last edited by sbbigmike; 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• New England
    replied
    Originally posted by SD180sx View Post
    I've used 3 brands of boxing gloves in 10oz.

Reyes-Like most of you guys have said Reyes as punchers gloves. I know my sparring partner feels my punches when I wear Reyes.

Winning-Very protective to your hands and your sparring partner. Basically pillow gloves.

Grant-A mix of Winning and Reyes but more on the Winning side.

Any one used Rival gloves before? I been seeing a lot at my local gym but haven't gotten on to trying them.

i haven't even put my hand in a rival glove yet, but i hear great things. i also see that they are rather expensive.

i don't think i've heard anybody with anything bad to say about rival gloves.

Leave a comment:

• SD180sx
    replied
    I've used 3 brands of boxing gloves in 10oz.

Reyes-Like most of you guys have said Reyes as punchers gloves. I know my sparring partner feels my punches when I wear Reyes.

Winning-Very protective to your hands and your sparring partner. Basically pillow gloves.

Grant-A mix of Winning and Reyes but more on the Winning side.

Any one used Rival gloves before? I been seeing a lot at my local gym but haven't gotten on to trying them.

Leave a comment:

• marvelousmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    I own Rival, Everlast, Cleto Reyes and Grant 8oz professional gloves. Grant is overwhelmingly the best. Overwhelmingly. I have half a dozen pairs and they all fit the hands immaculately. Excellent protection, feels like a set of lightweight ergonomic bricks strapped to your fists.
    I'll still take my Everlast 10 & 12 oz gloves,made in the U.S. I've had them for 15-20 years now & have 6-7 pairs.

The Reyes gloves always felt small, most lighter boxers who can pop wore Reyes in the "gym wars".

Grants are for punchers with hand issues.

Everlast makes a "tween" model for boxer/punchers like Andre Ward that I bought for my daughters. They all have pink 10 oz Everlast gloves.

Leave a comment:

• marvelousmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bloody_Knuckles View Post
    I noticed alot of them wear reyes and thats great but the majority wear grants and I thought winnings are better or at least on par with grant but I dont see any boxers wearing them anyone know why? Also why dont any cruiser/heavyweights wear reyes I think that would make kos much easier
    The majority wear Everlast.

Leave a comment:

• New England
    replied
    Originally posted by twrx View Post
    I use cleto Reyes you get what you pay for.
    boxers choose gloves based on their style
    mayweather has hand problems and is a defensive fighter. He used to use cleto reyes till he started hurting his woman hands and switched to grants which have more padding on the wrist for support and stability . And softer padding on the handed
    I think he usses winning gloves to spar might as well wear pillows

Pac man used Reyes as he is a puncher and what's to hurt you cleto are more packs and firm on the fist

Cotto wears everlasting which are in between grants and cleto soft enough for protection but but also a stiffness for banging kinda like cottos style

everlast has several pro gloves.

Leave a comment:

• New England
    replied
    it often comes down to money [a deal either fighter has with a sponsor.]

certain commissions only allow certain gloves. many commissions require you to wear the same glove as your opponent.

winning are the best gloves. they're made the best, wear the least for a modern glove, are the most comfortable by all accounts, and they provide the best protection for your hands. they don't allow you to do a ton of damage, as they have a more formed outer shell [ i think it's synthetic leather in a winning glove,] and are very well padded int he knuckles. grant are the same way, only they use real leather, at least in every grant i've ever owned.

everlast has several gloves. the MX is the glove many punchers use, inlcuding chino maidana when he get s a chance. the other two are a boxer's glove [what ward uses, it's well padded and formed] and a hybrid of both. this may have changed some, as i haven't bought a boxing glove in around five years.

reyes are a classic mexican puncher's glove. loose leather [this is what cuts people,] horse hair over the knuckles, soft leather, padding that moves around and is loose.

a soft glove sounds nice, but a real puncher will put his knuckles on you, and that's what does the damage. a hard glove feels and sounds like it would be hard on you and your sparring partners, but once they're broken in they're actually much better.

\

Leave a comment:

• twrx
    replied
    I use cleto Reyes you get what you pay for.
    boxers choose gloves based on their style
    mayweather has hand problems and is a defensive fighter. He used to use cleto reyes till he started hurting his woman hands and switched to grants which have more padding on the wrist for support and stability . And softer padding on the handed
    I think he usses winning gloves to spar might as well wear pillows

Pac man used Reyes as he is a puncher and what's to hurt you cleto are more packs and firm on the fist

Cotto wears everlasting which are in between grants and cleto soft enough for protection but but also a stiffness for banging kinda like cottos style

Leave a comment:

• Redd Foxx
    replied
    Grant are hit and miss. I've had 3 misses in a row. Their consumer gloves are often ill fitting because their QC sucks. The company doesn't give a damn.

Winning tend to be a little soft in the ring but the most protective for sparring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X