Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My day at Wildcards Gym (got to spar with Amir Khan)!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worse is that he keeps talking lol. Thats the kind of post that should get u banned. Its a boxing forum with real boxing fans. Why did u take all that time to write that stupid story? Go get a job u look bored

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
      dont need to read this long crap, because you already fail at your thread title, KHAN @ WILDCARD! :
      Lmao good one what a silly twat, wonder how much time it took him to come with all this Bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
        dont need to read this long crap, because you already fail at your thread title, KHAN @ WILDCARD!
        that was meant to be there, it was suppose to be the "funny" part.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
          I very recently went on a trip to LA. Being a boxing fan, I felt urged to go see Wildcard gym in Hollywood. So around 5 o clock, I went there. It was a bright sunny day in LA. I had it in mind to see some fighters, and train a little bit. It ended up being a lot more than I expected though. So I get there and I walk in I see plenty of fighters hitting the bag and what not as expected, you know. It was my mission to see Freddie Roach in the back room, though.

The first thing I saw when I walked into his office was Freddie Roach, shining Manny Pacquaio's jockstrap with a handkerchief and grease, and sat it on a podium next to Amir Khan's. I kid you not, he then tried to hide it behind his back when he first saw me...Umm Ok? Freddie Roach then greeted me and tripped into a gang of garbage cans almost simultaneously. I felt embarrassed for him. What a bad start.

I just walked out of his room without saying anything, leaving him there scrambling in the piles of filth and rubble on his floor. I felt ashamed to even be there and right there in the gym started re-evaluating my life. It was off to a bad start, how was I gonna train here after that? I made it for the door. But I noticed something on the way out.

Right there in the ring was Amir Khan, shadow boxing. Freddie Roach emerged from behind me with all kinds of dirt on him. I asked him "is that the real Amir Khan?" "It sure is boy, it sure is" Roach said, with a gay smile on his face. "You ready for him?" I think he thought I was some kind of sparring partner sent in for Amir Khan. "Uhhh no". So I watched him for a bit while he was shadow boxing in the ring. Some time went on and Roach looked at me and said "Say, your around 147, no? If you were to name one boxer you are most similar to and you fight like most in all of boxing who would it be?" It was a good question. And one that I was surely to give him a false answer to, for I can tell it was an attempt at recruiting me to spar with his fighter Amir Khan. Without ever knowing anything in the world about him just being booked to fight Khan, I replied "Luis Collazo"."Just the answer I wanted to hear" Roach said.

Just like that I was in the ring with Amir Khan, sparring! Against my discretion at that. But I was gonna make a go of it. We were wearing 16 oz gloves, and Roach said he couldnt bust a grape. And I thought he was right too. So screw it. You only live once. So we're in the ring sparring and the first thing I noticed is his speed which was a little more than what Im used to. But I have some too, not pro lvl or anything, but enough to not get killed. So so time passes and we're trading punches in the center and BOOM! I knock him down with a mild one to the chin. It was only a jab. And he looked damn near comatose after it hit his chin.

I then looked around the gym and noticed Freddie Roach nor any of the spectators looked surprised. Freddie didnt even move a muscle or say anything. It was as if they were used to seeing it all the time or something. It was pretty much the lightest punch I have ever had thrown in my whole life, including when I was a little kid, and it all but killed Amir Khan. It must of just hit him on the right spot though.

He gets up relatively fast and we're back at it again. He hits me a few times. Im not gonna lie he had great speed. But we keep at it and we keep exchanging and BOOM! I connect AGAIN this time with a soft hook on the inside, crumples him like a jenga tower, and this time Freddie Roach gets up on the apron and to stop it. His people are all in the ring and we're done sparring.

I was like wow. I Couldnt believe it. Then some time passes, and I see Amir with a cold towel on his head drinking water, when he says to me "lucky punch mate, but twas a, good fight, isnt it?". He was on a stretcher. "Yea" I said "for sure". Meanwhile it wasnt a fight it was a sparring session and the whole ordeal lasted only about 46 seconds. I felt supremely embarrassed for Khan. I started making my way to the door again, to leave, when I heard "In another 5-10 minutes or so I'll be ready to have another roundabout yea?" from Khan. Oh jeez, I said to myself. He wants round 2 now? Smh. I couldn't leave at this point. Khan would throw too much of a hissy fit. I had to go through with it...

So we strap up and we're in the ring sparring once again for Round 2. Like nothing ever happened. I'm just sticking to what I know, which circling and letting him touch me as little as possible. Its working. I can see the look on his face getting frustrated. Hes catching me though plenty, but they dont hurt.Then...I dont know what really happened in the mean time but all I know is somewhere I caught him with a hook. BAM! This one was actually pretty hard. And it was a bit of a counter, while he was throwing an uppercut.

RIP Amir Khan (12/8/1986 - 3/24/2014)
          I thought it was very funny. Especially the first knockdown and Freddy looked like he was used to it.

Comment

You know whats wrong with this site? is self important jakazzes that want to act like little beiaches...."thats not funny blah blah bah."

You know what? an attempt at humor once in a while is creative and can bring a laugh....if you don't care for it so be it but don't disparage people for trying. And I know I was amused

Comment

killa, i like and know what you're doing here.

you're raging against all these khan fans, comparing him to ali and what not, stating fallacies like he's never been KO'd. like prescott never happened.

the bit of roach tripping into trash in his office got a laugh out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                You know whats wrong with this site? is self important jakazzes that want to act like little beiaches...."thats not funny blah blah bah."

You know what? an attempt at humor once in a while is creative and can bring a laugh....if you don't care for it so be it but don't disparage people for trying. And I know I was amused
                it's the khan kweens coming to his aid that makes this so great.

"that wasn't funny, mate"

Comment

Not bad, however I quit reading when I figured out how bull**** it was, which didn't take long.

My advice? Don't let on so early that your story is bull****. Make people read most of it first, before letting on that you are a completely full of **** ******. It's funny that way. There was no build up with this.

Comment

Im pretty sure you had a towel in ur jock to throw in after 10 seconds.

Comment

That **** was hilarious, OP.

rep'd

Comment

Working...
                      X