No announcement yet.

james toney vs david haye back in 2008/2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james toney vs david haye back in 2008/2009

who wins this fight back then? haye was just moving into the heavy weight ranks and toney was a lot fresher than he is now.

who wouldve won?
    Haye by KO
    30.00%
    Haye by decision
    60.00%
    Toney by KO
    10.00%
    Toney by decision
    0.00%

Toney was fresher but he was still past his best Haye would of been too quick to counter and would win by wide margains on the scorecards

Comment

Toney was "fresher" in that he was not verging on disabled yet like he is now, but he was WAY past his best, think about this for a second, he was getting beaten to the punch by Sam Peter.

Haye would have had no problems landing on him and Toney would have been able to land little in return, wide UD

Comment

JT will always be a more gifted boxer, but I am sure DH would have knocked him out.

However, if JT fought DH at the top of his form as a HW or CW then Toney would have schooled Haye.

I am a fan of DH, but he has never really proved himself at the highest level, and likely never will.

He is simply one of the better HW's in a very poor division.

Comment

I sincerely doubt Toney would be able to withstand a prime Haye's punishment.

But then again, Toney has surprised me before and would probably do it again. Still picking Haye by onslaught and retirement by Toney in the middle rounds.

Comment

Nobody is stopping James Toney.

Haye boxes off the backfoot and takes a decision.

Comment

haye would win, toney was shot. you saw a huge, huge decline in his abilities after the first peter fight.

Comment

Working...
              X