• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jr. physically stronger.

GGG hits harder

How much harder we're going to find out

Comment

Jr doesn't spout that B.S, talk to my promoter
      He threatened to walk away from Arum if they didn't make the Martinez fight last year because the WBC and Arum didn't want to make the fight

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
        Not to hate but I won't at all be surprised if GGGs team turns this down, goes on an easier route and people try make out Chavez Jr is terrified.

Make it happen GGG, no 160 b/s knowing he can't make it anymore.
        There was a couple of times when Stevens was putting it on GGG and GGG didn't look comfortable at all. I saw the same thing happen when Broner fought DeMarco. DeMarco was tagging him and he didn't seem to like it. Then we saw what happened in the Maidana fight. He wanted a way out judging by the headbutt act. I've also seen the same thing in Mikey Garcia when he fought Barros. Then along came Salido and Garcia found a way out.

It's only a matter of time.

GGG isn't going to intimidate Jr and Jr isn't gonna back up. And I don't think GGG will like it. Let's see if either one prove me wrong.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
          First of all Ward would completely dominate Chavez and it would be an ugly fight with Ward holding on the inside all night.

I think the clear best fight is Triple G, but I hope Triple G comes back to Middleweight after the fight...I want Triple G to keep the pressure on Sergio Martinez (if he beats Cotto) from ducking him.

But style wise Chavez Jr will do better against Triple G than he did vs Sergio. Chavez Jr will really test Triple G's chin and body. I think Triple G grinds out a clear decision though.
          Translation: I want GGG to make the move to 68, one he said he wasn't interested in doing when you know who came calling, as long as its against a tough, yet limited big name. But after that, I want him to retreat back to 60 so that he doesn't have to fight you know who and us fanboys can continue to live the lie that our monkey spank fuel is Ray Robinson and Hank Armstrong all wrapped into one.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            There was a couple of times when Stevens was putting it on GGG and GGG didn't look comfortable at all. I saw the same thing happen when Broner fought DeMarco. DeMarco was tagging him and he didn't seem to like it. Then we saw what happened in the Maidana fight. He wanted a way out judging by the headbutt act. I've also seen the same thing in Mikey Garcia when he fought Barros. Then along came Salido and Garcia found a way out.

GGG isn't going to intimidate Jr and Jr isn't gonna back up. And I don't think GGG will like it. Let's see if either one prove me wrong.

Yeah GGG did look a bit uncomfortable but I think Curtis was countering alot and he was finding it a bit hard to time.

Jr might walk him down & pressure for the same result but also he'll be there to hit, and Golovkin has been "dropping light heavies" in sparring with body shots apparently- so it'll be interesting to say the least

Comment

This is a fight fan's wet dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Does anybody "like" being punched in the face by a grown man wearing 8 or 10oz gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
                  Would love to see how GGG reacts to one of Chavez Jr's shots. He hasn't fought at 168 before so it would be a step up for him. Could be a really good fight.
                  Or vice versa. I have a feeling Jr doesn't take body shots well. It's usually the fighters with the excellent chins that have the softer bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Does anybody "like" being punched in the face by a grown man wearing 8 or 10oz gloves
                    When I said or say like I meant it as in they didn't look comfortable. But hey some people do. Ask Rios and Margarito.

Comment

I'd rather see Chavez Jr. take on Froch first. With that said, I think Chavez Jr. would really test Golovkin. People always mention their sparring video but I think Chavez Jr. is now bigger and better than he was when he sparred Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X